Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ceres - Drag It Down On You (September 2, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 30, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Glad other people like it as much as I do, I've been like is it me or is this incredible song writing

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That's one of my favorite moments I've heard in a song in a long time, haha. I can't believe how good this album is

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

91 Your House might have some
    of the best

"we put you in the ground but the dirt, it don't deserve you. I won't make a sound let me hurt, I won't tell you. I am such a piece of shit, it's okay come on let's all admit it"

teebs41 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  4. sean_rugy

got off the subway and didn't want to go back to my apartment. threw this on and it has hit me on a whole new level as I walked around. there's something about this album...

teebs41 likes this.
  5. Yellowcard2006 Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Got my physical CD today. Just a boring jewel case but at least I can hold it now. I don't like only having digital copies of albums especially ones I find really great. Had to get it from an amazon seller that imports though was like $20.

EDIT:

Pretty long interview.

A very casual chat with Ceres - Casual Band Blogger

Great info though. also he says there are 2 B-sides from this album...WHERE?!

bradsonemanband and teebs41 like this.
  6. I listened to this a couple times when they streamed it on Rolling Stone. I really liked it! Now I'm listening to it again for the first time since then, and I looooove it!

But why does the first song just randomly cut off at the end?! I kinda hate that, haha.

7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I thought it was weird at first now I'm singing along like

"would that be okay?

would be oh-"

*Happy In Your Head intro*

ahhh yeahhh

sean_rugy and Zac Djamoos like this.
  8. sean_rugy

it oddly works and I can't put my finger on why

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Maybe it's like the singer is getting interrupted by his thought/question and he's about to get a response or maybe the whole thing is a dream sequence and his forced awake by the sound of his clock radio playing "Happy In Your Head".

The meaning of the next song ties decently well into this idea

"”Happy In Your Head is about finally realising you aren’t in someone’s life anymore. You’re just a memory in their head and for some sick, sad reason – you are happy enough with that. That that’ll do. It’s the best you’ve got.”-Tom

Or maybe they just thought it would be cool if the song cut off.

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I thought it was because the song was written ten years ago, and since a lot of the album is about his past, i figured it was a metaphor for his youth ending too quickly

11. Listening for the first time now and really digging it.

12. Just wait til your third or fourth time through it! It gets better every time.

Yellowcard2006 and troyplaysbass like this.
  13. Leftandleaving

This is definitely something I see you liking haha. Be sure to check out their first one, I Don't Want to Be Anywhere But Here

troyplaysbass likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

will i like this

15. Leftandleaving

I think you'll like a couple tracks. It's in a similar vein to a poppier Hotelier. I don't know if you'll love it but it's worth a listen IMO

16. cwhit

maybe i'll give it a listen tonight before tomorrow overwhelms me, think i have like 7-10 releases tomorrow i'm excited for, hah

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

Good call haha. Tomorrow's a massive day for releases!

18. cwhit

yeah this is definitely enjoyable at least. don't know how much i'll go back to it but maybe i'll be drawn back at some point

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  19. cwhit

don't hear hotelier though...there's something i do though...ugh

20. cwhit

talking is a very good song

Zac Djamoos and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I think it's that they play w structure pretty similarly, at least in my mind

22. timcsheehan

Regular

holy shit this is good.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

thebloodhound and Zac Djamoos like this.
  24. Leftandleaving

thebloodhound and teebs41 like this.