Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ceres - Drag It Down On You (September 2, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 30, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know much about no sleep, are they bad at marketing?

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The label's basically defunct/broke and hasn't been actively promoting their bands in more than 6 months (have also heard things about them not paying bands). They haven't released any new music at all this year besides vinyl reissues of their back catalogue, and all their bigger-name bands have jumped ship (Somos, Moose Blood, Balance & Composure). I'm absolutely baffled why Ceres would join up with them, maybe there were no other offers. At this stage it looks to just be for digital distribution of this album in the US.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow had no idea. That's a shame. Album is stellar people need to hear this

4. Mattww

Regular

never heard of this band until the new releases thread, this is a really excellent album. Similar enough to cool influences but different enough to stand out. Really enjoying it

teebs41 and sean_rugy like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Bumping this album bc I am listening to it and its fantastic.

6. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

lost my headphones this weekend and just realized it. it's going to be a long day at work with no music and no Ceres.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to listen to the first record, I only skimmed through it a couple of months ago when this record was announced. if its even close to being as good as this one it will be worth checking out

8. sean_rugy

top 3 album from 2014 for me. they progressed their sound juuuuust slightly for the new one, but I think it was a natural transition.

9. i'm digging this!

sean_rugy likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay so the new record is more cohesive and better produced than the first one but I'm loving the 90s emo feel of this first record!

Zac Djamoos and sean_rugy like this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

After going through the eps it's crazy to think that so many people sleep on this band. They are better than most of the stuff out there right now

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Choke is unbelievable

13. sean_rugy

this album is comically good.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

This is miles better than IDWTBABH honestly

teebs41 likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's way more mature and better production but the last album has a nice sound to it as well. Idk a more raw approach but you can hear they are really maturing with this one

16. Leftandleaving

Last one is great for sure, don't get me wrong. But this one wowed me five or six times during the runtime. Lots of stuff on here I thought "can't believe they did this/pulled it off so well"

sean_rugy and teebs41 like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet they must have a great following in Australia. A lot of bands make it out there but probably only every couple of years so this band being there fills that gap for a lot of people I'm sure. I'm pretty sure they toured with the hotelier a while back too which is cool

sean_rugy likes this.
  18. sean_rugy

they did tour with Hotelier. I remember because I wanted that to happen in the US so bad. hell, I'll take Ceres in the US with just about anyone at this point.

more thoughts: I love how Okay just cuts off right to Happy In Your Head. most of the time I would not like it but it actually works really well here. also, the last 1:30 or so of Baby's Breath is so intensely cathartic. I think some A&R people at other labels are going to hear this album and wish they made a move. although, not really 100% sure what their relationship really is with No Sleep. I only see imports and digital in the store.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. sean_rugy

he really just goes all out at the end of Loaf

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  20. Leftandleaving

Legit thought my copy skipped at the end of okay

sean_rugy and teebs41 like this.
  21. sean_rugy

I thought so too until I read the track-by-track posted with the initial stream.

do these lyrics live anywhere online? I can't seem to find them.

22. Leftandleaving

Ooh I'll need to check out that track by track.

Not that i could find, no. Which sucks, cause there were a few lines I remember hearing and being wowed by

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I tweeted them over the weekend they are working on getting the lyrics on bandcamp

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. sean_rugy

I can make out the most of the end of Baby's Breath but I need to know exactly what's going on. hell of a way to end a pretty much flawless album.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

get on spotify baybayyyy

bradsonemanband likes this.