Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Celebration Guns – “The Me That Used To Be” (Video Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

I was feeling oddly nostalgic on the day Celebration Guns sent over this video to see about premiering it on the website, and something about the old home video footage worked so well with the music that it won me over almost instantly. The track, “The Me That Used to Be” comes from the band’s recently released EP of the same name. Frontman, Justin Weir, described the video premise:

The video features footage of me as a super hyperactive kid and while the lyrics have a general theme of reconnecting with youth and the associated beliefs and ideals that came with it, the video features the guys in the band reconnecting with the spirit of youth at an arcade, minigolf, and laser tag. Kind of a more personal look at Celebration Guns that hopefully brings about a nostalgic feeling overall.

2. Saephon

Regular

I dig it. The song's got that "80's pop-rock" chorus and reverb sound to it, much like Turnover. I'm okay with that being the next throwback trend.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I love the band name.