Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cecil Frena - The Gridlock (Feburary 9, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cwhit Aug 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

cecil frena formerly performed under the names gobble gobble and born gold. he's tight with purity ring crew and grimes and is one of the most spectacular performers i have seen.

2. cwhit

3. cwhit

...yeah i'm very very excited for people to hear this and for reactions to start coming out, i'm pretty blown away

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

ugh I can't wait

5. cwhit

@matthaber i have a feeling you'll like this get this on your radar

matthaber likes this.
  6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

you know me well, vibe this a ton. where do I start with old material? Point me in a direction

7. cwhit

the old material is pretty different from this? body songs is really good though

have you heard of faith healer, they're playing with cecil on the tour i'm trying to book.

i mostly just assume you know canadian bands hahaha

matthaber likes this.
  8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I Am An Exit!

@matthaber my first time seeing them they were touring with Terror Pigeon

matthaber and cwhit like this.
  9. cwhit

i actually don't think i ever listened to i am an exit in full haha

i liked little sleepwalker when it came out, though i think now i prefer when he cranks the weirdness up (like on this album) as opposed to the more subdued synth pop from that record

10. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

k this makes a lot of sense now. I know i've seen the name gobble gobble somewhere and after some googling i realized I tried to go see that show with them, terror pigeon + rich aucoin back in 2011 but never ended up going for some reason.

11. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yes! That happened in a dear friend of mine's house and TPDR did most of the set flailing in his kitchen. I got to DJ before they played at his place the next time. Definitely listen to I Am An Exit, from what I know of you you will love it and he's one of Canada's best kept secrets. His entire tour was done in basements and living rooms and it was like, 140 dates in a row if I remember. I really hope he starts getting the recognition he deserves

12. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

cwhit likes this.
  13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I've been meaning to check Born Gold properly for ages. I'm still devo I never got to the Purity Ring/Braids/Born Gold tour a couple years back.

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

They are all great friends, Purity Ring got their start in his band! He's done so much for the diy community and been so kind every time I've met him that I feel obligated to push his work on my buds

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

16. cwhit

well i almost definitely locked down a venue for the show he's doing here. very few shows i'm more excited for than this one. i have no idea what his setup is going to be and i'm tempted to not even ask him until the night of. wondering if anything else comes out before the tour.

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Unknow Yourself is a p dope tune

18. cwhit

rest of the record sounds nothing like that hahaha but it's all incredible

honestly if it was coming out this year it'd prob be my #2

shit I'm saying too much

19. cwhit

album release show is right before christmas so we may get this sooner than i thought

20. cwhit

[​IMG]

21. cwhit

album officially out next year, details coming next month. hold tight!

22. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

and go see him on tour you dweebs he's a goddamn force of nature

23. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe I will

cwhit likes this.
  24. cwhit

ok fine i will
    (i booked him)

Joel likes this.
  25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

lol didn't even realize there was a Toronto date, highly doubt I'll get it off work but I'm there if I can