Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cave In Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck yeah

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

They're doing a tribute show in London next April and I managed to bag a ticket. Them, OMG and Bossk.

Fingers crossed for another Celestial/ISIS set, but I won't keep my hopes up!

3. strangeterrain

Regular

So they’re releasing the Roadburn show from April 2018 with Adam and Steve playing acoustic. The “Youth Overrided” track that’s posted sounds really great.

Digital, CD and vinyl copies available for preorder now:

The vinyl refers to a 7” too, not sure what that is.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wahoooo!

6. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

7. atlas

Trusted

I'm a bit apprehensive of the idea of new Cave In without Caleb but I'm sure they'll do right by his legacy

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

If they get some people to guest in his place, that would work.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This band is still so special. The fact that they can go from brutally heavy classics like “Until Your Heart Stops” to melodic masterpieces like “Jupiter” and “Antenna”, and imo be just as great at both, is to me the sign of an amazingly talented group. I think Hopesfall is one of the only other bands I can think of from this scene that’s displayed a similar artistic range.

10. beachdude

Also, I think Antenna is just an extremely underrated album in general. Yes, it’s basically them making a mainstream alt rock album... but it’s a VERY well-made and nuanced mainstream album. I think this band’s stylistic range is one of the best things about them.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I need to spend more time with Antenna. I tend to gravitate more toward UYHS, and Jupiter.

RedDotRecording and beachdude like this.
  12. beachdude

I really think it’s a classic album in its own right. They made something very accessible without sacrificing depth or instrumental nuance.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  13. beachdude

I’m on “Seafrost” right now, and man this song is STUNNING. Super underrated.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Antenna tried too hard to be a commercial success. It has some of my favorite Cave In songs (Penny Racer in particular) but the album just didn't feel like Cave In overall.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That being said, I'll be putting it on right now. lol

Cameron and beachdude like this.
  16. beachdude

I still think Jupiter is probably my favorite album by them, because you can tell that even though it’s a radical departure from their metal stuff, they were not making any commercial concessions whatsoever. It’s a very dense album.

That being said, I still think they did a great job with the more mainstream moments on Antenna, and I think because I also listen to a lot of alt rock/mainstream bands it’s cool to see them pull that off so well.

17. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Have a nice day

beachdude, swboyd and kidwithhelmet like this.
  18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

ghostxvapor likes this.
  19. PauLo

43% Burnt

Seeing them on Friday. Shits going to be emotional.

20. Holy crap

beachdude likes this.
  21. PauLo

43% Burnt

I don't think i'm emotionally prepared for this. I'm tired and emotional at the moment as it is, I'm gonna end up bawling!

22. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Boston tickets are on sale now

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

My work meeting went 20 minutes late because half of them didn’t show up on time, and I missed out. So mad.

However I’m fully expecting them to announce another show

24. PauLo

43% Burnt

beachdude and cherrywaves like this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

Hell yeah