Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cave In Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 15, 2016.

1. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

The greatest of the Boston-area greats & my personal favorite band of all-time! No other band can come close to accomplishing what these guys did with Jupiter.

RedDotRecording likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jupiter is my fave for sure. Always loved most of the side projects. Zozobra being my fave.

3. suburban myth

Kid Kilowatt for me!

4. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I enjoy all of their stuff. I hope more of their unreleased stuff get a proper release

suburban myth likes this.
  5. phaynes1

Regular

hello im home

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

Best band

7. Horrorca

Trusted

unpopular opinion, but Perfect Pitch Black is my fav

crushing and melodic - down the drain is a such a sick shoegaze jam

suburban myth and inwaves like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm with you, a lot of days I feel the same. I wish it didn't feel so rushed.

9. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I've never listened to Jupiter all the way through. I love Antenna and Perfect Pitch Black, so I don't know why I've never given proper attention to what is often considered their masterpiece. I need to make that a priority.

10. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

"Trepanning" is what made me a fan.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yes you do!! It's amazing. "Requiem" is my favorite song ever

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Until Your Heart Stops has got to be one of the most intense pieces of hardcore ever. Love the evolution of the the band.

13. suburban myth

It's a great album - nothing wrong with it being your favorite! I love it & Ataraxia is one of my favorite cave in songs.

14. suburban myth

Innuendo is my personal favorite of all-time.

15. JettaPA

Everyone of their albums is like achieving perfection in the sound they were going for on that particular album. They are just so talented that they make great music regardless of the particular sound of the album.

16. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

I remember going to some radio show in Richmond about 2002/03. It had an amazing line up (Cave In, Sparta, Finch, Our Lady Peace, Jimmy Eat World and a few others I can't remember), and Cave In was up first. They had just released Tides of Tomorrow and I was blown away. I bought the EP and it really got me started into Space Rock. I enjoy everything Cave In has done, but I usually lean more towards the spacey side.

17. suburban myth

Same here - they're what made me discover space rock.

18. Cornerb0y

Load"*",8,1

19. suburban myth

20. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Anyone check out Mutoid Man? Its super sickkkkkk!

21. suburban myth

Mutoid man is definitely a cave in member's best project in a long time - Bleeder was one of my favorite releases from 2015. I got to see them at wrecking ball fest, last year. :D

22. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I love those classic rock vibes thrown into the space-thrash. I love hearing his voice with heavy music. That last song on the album is monster

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Love Mutoid Man so much.

24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yes!! The RCA boards! That's how I found "Inflatable Dream". Miss those boards quite a bit

25. suburban myth

Same here! That song had legend status long before it was ever released & it definitely lived up to the hype!