Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cave In - Final Transmission (June 7, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cherrywaves, Apr 7, 2019.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

Also, holy shit this is good. Dunno why, but wasn't expecting it to be as heavy as it is.

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Night Crawler...damn!

beachdude likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Here we go

4. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Album is solid.

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

rulez

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"Night Crawler" into "Lunar Day" is the truth

7. Rowan5215

wish Caleb's screams at the end of "Led to the Wolves" were mixed more clearly, it's the moment that the whole album seems to be building to... maybe they just couldn't do it with the quality of the original recordings

beachdude and cherrywaves like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah the last track has interesting production so I was assuming that was Caleb’s last song recorded

9. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Just love the direction they took on this. Heavy, layered and spacey but with clean vox.

Anyone who loves other space rock stuff (Failure/Hum) but couldn't fully grasp what these guys were doing in the past should jump on this stat.

10. SuperCoolFool

Glad to know my ears were not fucked up and others noticed

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I love this album. It’s way more Antenna-y than I was expecting, but it gets heavy at the perfect time.

Winter Window into Lanterna is my favorite

beachdude, solxace and Nate_Johnson like this.
  12. Philll

Trusted

This is my first foray into Cave In and I'm digging it. Excited to spend more time with it.

13. SuperCoolFool

So has it been confirmed if the band is going to break up or not now this is out? Revelation records said this is their final record when they got it in stock for their distro.

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

Nope, the Kerrang article talked about Nate breathing new life into the band

15. zmtr

Trusted

Had never listened to this band before today but I really love this album.

16. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

My pre-order got delivered today! Excited to get home and give this a first listen.

17. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This is easily my favorite LP of theirs, as a casual fan who liked Jupiter and parts of Antenna a lot, but couldn't much get into PPB or WS. Tides of Tomorrow was actually my previous favorite; this is kinda like a darker and heavier version of that style.

I understand the circumstances, but man, I just wish this was slightly better recorded and more polished. Easy AOTY for me if so (might still be anyway).

18. Rowan5215

I'd highly recommend just giving their discog a run (maybe skip Beyond Hypothermia at first, and the EPs except for Tides of Tomorrow and Planets of Old). their evolution over the years was absolutely unbelievable and this album has glimpses of pretty much all of it

KidLightning and zmtr like this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Their EP’s are great. If you are going to check them out just go chronologically through whatever streaming service you use. I think their career has been really interesting for sure.

20. Philll

Trusted

This album is quickly becoming one of my favourites of this year so far.

It rips. It bangs. It bops. It fucks. It slaps.

21. Rowan5215

22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hadn't listened to this yet but I came across it at the record store yesterday and it seemed like a no brainer purchase. Spinning it now and despite the wide variety of studios and methods and time (2010!) across all these tracks it sounds pretty fantastic.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

strange reflection is one of the best of their career, wow

24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I love everything outside the final track, but Reflection is oddly not one of my big highlights. I'd say the stretch from tracks 2-6 is as flawless as it gets in this genre.

Close call, but I'm gonna have to hand it to Lunar Day... what a fuckin trip. That "how the hell did anyone dream this up?" feeling is probably the best thing about music

25. Cameron likes this.