Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Took off work today so I can make a nice little home for Meadow, we are gonna keep her in our master bedroom for the first week or so and its very big and perfect for her. Left some stuff with Poe and Hamlets scents in there as well and are gonna have meadow eat near a door and hamlet and poe eat on the other side of that door. So excited for this.

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Mission Complete

IMG_20190319_185501.jpg

jmitch0906, dadbolt, RyanPm40 and 6 others like this.
  3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez and oldjersey like this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey guys, I promise I won't do this daily, but first night with Meadow was great. She slept a good bit on the bed with us which blew us away because our first two cats were under the bed for at least a week before getting comfortable. Meadow seems real content and open and affectionate already i'm so happy about it. I lucked out big time.

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Do it daily.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

no.

"Meadow's Messages"
    "Mumbling Meadow"
    "Meandering Meadow's Musings"

etc. etc.

supernovagirl, RyanPm40 and oldjersey like this.
  8. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Me ad ow

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thank you for being the fourth person to point that out Cups, cute.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay guys, I need some solid feedback, my girlfriend has just grown up feeding her cats dry food, she has no bad intentions its just how she grew up, I really want to introduce wet food to the older boys and of course my kitten. What do you feed your cat? What brand do you prefer?

SlappinCups likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

“she has no bad intentions” Lmfaooo you’re so funny. Wet food is expensive, kid.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So is a blocked urinary tract bro

mercury and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

If everyone does dry food great then I'll know I'm just reading worst-case scenarios online

15. supernovagirl

I’m sure most people do, bc wet food is seen as a luxury bc it’s so pricey.
    I didn’t know it was associated with blocked urinary tracts tho. Typically, that’s more of a problem for male cats than females.
    My cat has had it and is on prescription dry food now. I think it’s probably still cheaper than wet food.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah sorry I'm just doing tons of research now obviously. I want to do what's best for health but I also have to do what's best economically with three cats. I think the high quality dry food might be the way we go

17. supernovagirl

Yeah exactly we only can provide the care we can afford. Them being fed is what’s most important.

mercury likes this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

turns out I have an independently owned all natural pet food store right by me. I'm going to go talk to them and see what they think the best dry food for me to give is

Dirty Sanchez and supernovagirl like this.
  19. Zach

Trusted Supporter

We use Sheba but usually split two tabs between the two of them. Publix had a sale on blue buffalo last week where the big cans were 10/$10 so we bought a bunch and they have a ton of food in them

Dirty Sanchez and oldjersey like this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think i'm gonna try to do wet a few times a week

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. jmitch0906

Quorn

I feed my 3 cats wet food only (they're spoiled), also one was having a urinary tract issue. I have read that males are more sensitive to dry food and need wet food more than females. I always just check the ingredients, look for the first 3-5 ingredients to be things humans would eat (veggies, actual meat, water, etc.). Wet food and dry food if you can find it should be grain free and the first few ingredients listed should be high quality products.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

There is a mom and pop all natural pet food store around the corner from me that I'm gonna go to this weekend, I was told the customer service there is excellent.

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Finn says hello. Relaxing on his heated blanket.

E53B524D-A8A2-4886-BD0D-08356C68D2DC.jpeg

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IMG_20190323_083244_531.jpg

This girl

jmitch0906, Jason Tate and Zach like this.
  25. Zach

Trusted Supporter

She has hairy old man ears like our calico!

oldjersey and Jason Tate like this.