Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 7

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. jmitch0906

Quorn

I found a Tidy Cats that has activated charcoal and is scent/fragrance free. Definite improvement on the other type of Tidy Cats we had been using in the house.

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I tried fragrance free in the past, but I just haven't been able to find a brand that actually clumps well other than Scoop Away, which I have only been able to find scented options for.

I'll have to give Tidy Cats a try sometime. My cat definitely doesn't seem to mind the fragrance, but I don't know if that somehow effects her health

3. jmitch0906

Quorn

I just try to stay away from fragrances if possible, never had a direct issue but I am always worried since animals can be sensitive to particular fragrances. What I found about the charcoal Tidy Cats (clumping didn't seem to be an issue) was that the smell was much more pleasant even when the litter wasn't absolutely fresh.

We have 3 litter boxes and 3 cats and I try to clean them every day or other day. But ya I'm buying 40lb boxes of litter pretty frequently and may try Scoop Away just to see how they react. *sigh* the amount of money we spend on our cats, I think their food budget is almost equal to our human food budget.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hey guys so my orange tabby is always dealing with allergies, he sneezes alot, but I feel like he has been sneezing more than usually lately, anyone know a remedy for this? Should I just take him to the vet? I just wanna be careful because Cait get's very high anxiety if I mention something may be wrong with the cats.

5. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Are they cool with the three boxes? Some people recommend having one more litter box than cat, and also to have at least one on every level of the house. One of my cats peed on the floor when we first moved in, but after we added two more boxes in the basement, she's been fine. It may have also been because the previous owners had a cat and she was reacting to the lingering scent from them.

As far as litter goes, I've been using Fresh Step lightweight for years.

6. jmitch0906

Quorn

Ya they are good with the 3 boxes. We just don't have the space/energy to keep 4 boxes clean. I've had 3 cats at a time (mix of 5 cats, only had 3 at one time) for 4 or 5 years now, both in an apartment and a single story house and having even just 2 litter boxes, with constant cleaning was always enough. Never had any problems with not using the litter box except for the kitten we had to hand raise and bottle feed since she was too small to use a litter box when we first started taking care of her.

7. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

3E38F873-CD6C-4254-AA53-0B1DFC43B6CA.jpeg
    0971B837-846B-408C-B50E-0968E5335E64.jpeg
    0AD159CF-3912-468B-9661-623C8AC14CB9.jpeg
    5263B080-ED33-43B0-B21B-D5854893502A.png

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

after the death glare I got kisses
    6574DF9E-2CD2-400C-A9B7-E0FE09359784.jpeg

9. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Our orange tabby has allergy issues too. He just gets goopy around the eyes though. I got into the AC room and dusted it, ever since then it has decreased ALOT. If you have centralized air, that could be a quick way to help him out. I did that and vacuumed the hair out of our couch and their mansion and that seems to have helped. Idk your situation, but definitely trying to dust like once a week and doing a heavy vacuuming once a month or so has helped him out I think!

Idk if sneezing is really an indication of anything unless you can hear a change in breathing, which could be a URI, but at least that’s easily treatable.

oldjersey likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dusted the vents and changed the AC filters (it's been a little while) definitely think this will help thanks man!

Zach likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

I've lived at my place for 2 and a half years and rarely dust, I should probably get on that haha

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

That disturbs me beyond fathomable levels.

I dust weekly and I live alone with no pets, am barely home and still am surprised by the amount of dust that accumulates.

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Well that’s why no one wants to dust ya doofus. What’s the point?! So it can all get dusty again in a week?! No thanks

14. RyanPm40

Yeah you definitely don't want to see the tops of my bathroom shelves and TV stand lol

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. RyanPm40

Just minding my business watching B99 in bed and my cat just sprints onto the bed and scoots her butt under the blankets, it was the cutest thing lol.
    [​IMG]

16. RyanPm40

Weird, I can't share a video from imgur without it just converting to a JPG image on here

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

When I get another cat that's the exact one I want, grey/white, i've probably already said that on here

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. RyanPm40

Haha it's such a cute coat, she looks like a little cow. When she was overweight when I adopted her, one of her spots on her back looked like a little heart :crylaugh:

Fully went in expecting to adopt a black cat and all of the vet techs were like "Nooo you HAVE to meet this one first, she's the sweetest thing" and I fell in love with her immediately. Most loving cat I've ever owned and one of the few that loves her belly rubs.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My black one loves belly rubs hahaha

Dirty Sanchez and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Does anyone own any cool cat shelves/furniture? Me and Cait want to get stuff for Poe, whos a burmese and loves jumping/exploring.

21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a pretty cool cat tree for Noah, it’s about five feet high or so and next to my bedroom window, he loves it.

Attached Files:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

We have this one, I know my girlfriend got it from some site that has awesome deals on cat stuff. When she answers my text I’ll give you the site! I believe we got this one for like $140?

Planning on putting some stuff all over the walls for them to climb once I start flight instructing. I’m hyped haha
    8CFE8EED-C73B-4912-B8D6-A241F6C42D09.jpeg

RyanPm40 and oldjersey like this.
  23. RyanPm40

Wow, considering how elaborate that tree is, $140 sounds like an awesome deal!

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah that thing is awesome, idk if we have room for that so we might get some shelves you can just mount onto the wall.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I know Petsmart has one half the size and crappy material for like $350 lol. When my girlfriend showed this one to me I was expecting it to be like $400+

RyanPm40 likes this.