Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 28

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

one of ours will pee anywhere but the litter box if we fuck up and miss a day scooping.

the other one has had a few urinary/bladder issues...our vet said if they feel like discomfort or pain while trying to pee in the litter box they'll be hesitant to try to use it again and opt for a place they associate with safety/comfort until the pain goes away. hopefully that isn't your issue here..but at the same time hopefully it's not some other weird issue, haha..

spiffa0 and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

One time we accidentally forgot to scoop her box a day later than usual and she rewarded us by taking a shit inside our bamboo plant, but otherwise no issues here :-/ cats can get really picky with dirty litter, is it possible your other cat is kinda marking its territory in both so your cat doesn't feel like it's their own?

shea and Jake W like this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah that's why they always say to have a box for each cat + 1 if you have multiple cats. Your other cat could just be very territorial

shea likes this.
  4. shea

RIP Supporter

we need to get another box...we had 2 for our 2 but then we got the kitten in like october and have somehow managed to not get another one for her...so far so good but i've heard horror stories of anger pees..

Dirty Sanchez and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

C92CCDEF-418D-43C0-965D-71D55FF2E8D3.jpeg

I moved out of mom’s house which is cool and all, but I really miss my little guy.

6. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Chester waiting to be fed in the morning

20200524_073104.jpg

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

Matt, RyanPm40, shea and 2 others like this.
  8. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Am I the only one whose cat isnt a glutton? Usually I'm throwing out food the next morning, after I wake her up.
    I think my cat trained me so well that I'M the cat now..

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My one cat, Meadow, will meow for food. She's the only one though so that meme made me lol

Renee likes this.
  10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh my cat literally never shuts the fuck up so
    Especially at night. Cause that’s when he eats.

RyanPm40, waking season and oldjersey like this.
  11. supernovagirl

Once again like cat like owner, my cats a total glutton

But also like, that’s normal for cats I think yours is broken lmao
    They notoriously are too stupid to know how much to eat and will eat everything you put in front of them which is why you’re not supposed to let them free feed
    But obv every cat is different

Renee likes this.
  12. Renee

Oh wow thanks, but I call it more evolved haha. Omg I wish she would eat everything. She will only eat 5 specific cans of wet food, one type of dry and she will only eat them out of verrrrrry specific dishes.
    I've studied 9 cats over the past 20 years and the 5 that were fed at specific times, measured amounts, 2x a day were always begging for food. The 2 alive now that eat like this will follow you around just in case you open the cabinet their food is in and like make a mistake and randomly give them extra food

RyanPm40 and supernovagirl like this.
  13. supernovagirl

Because they always want food!! Lol

Free feeding cats always get rly fat and I don’t fat shame not even cats but vets sure do
    Also my cat is fat anyway so I mean I’m not saying I have evidence of this lmaooo
    Just what I’ve always heard/read

Renee likes this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I have one family cat that will sit on the computer keyboard so it makes the sticky keys sound until someone feeds him

RyanPm40, gonz (Alex), alina and 2 others like this.
  15. Renee

Yeah but the 4 free eating ones were pretty healthy weights! My lil free eating baby is only 8 pounds.

16. Renee

But yes, she might be broken. She doesn't beg for food(only sniffs out treats and cat nip, but just sits there looking at you...looking at spot...looking at you...looking at spot.) She doesn't: claw furniture, jump on things she shouldn't be on, wake me up at awful AM hours, mess with my computer, knock things off tables. Ya know, normal cat things:crylaugh:
    Maybe cats do these things because humans limit their food
    The only things she's obsessed with are trying to get in the basement, towels, and being nosy

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah only one of my three cats meows for food. The other two never do!

Renee likes this.
  18. Renee

I did my math really wrong for 30 seconds and I thought damn you have 5 cats!

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Yeah she sounds broken lmao don’t try and turn this around on all other cat owners!! :crylaugh:
    but you don’t free feed right?

Also when I lived at my ex’s they DID have 5 cats including mine. And they fed them at pretty much the same time every day so the only time any of them begged for food was when it was nearing or past that time.

Renee likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I don't free feed, Meadow will usually just meow when its close to feeding time in the AM which is usually 6am but there are mornings where she starts meowing at fucking 3 or 4am, not very often and shes lucky I love her because it is not possible for me to get mad at her

21. Jake W

Tina kicks my face to wake me up for food lol

22. shea

RIP Supporter

Lucy legit weighs like 20-25 pounds. We’ve had her (and the other 2 out of convenience) on weight control food for like a year and only feed them the recommended amount on the bag and it’s done nothing. If the other 2 walk away from their bowls she will mow them all 3 down in a second. We have to keep an eye on them and shoo her away.

23. Jake W

also @supernovagirl I assume you already know this, but being overweight in humans is very different to cats. cats can get health problems just from being a bit overweight whereas humans mostly don't. i know your post was meant in a light hearted way my vet student sister is just rubbing off on me lol

24. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

My cat is insanely food driven to the point where she will slowly inch her paw towards your face and try to pull food out of your mouth. Any junk food that has cheese dust on it (Doritos, Cheetos, etc) will get ripped into if not in a cabinet. She knocks over the trash to try and get into it, so we usually stack something heavy on it. If we're cooking, it's a risk just to turn around from the stove to the sink. If we're eating something like a pizza, the entire pizza sits in the microwave while we eat so she can't get at the extra slices. There's almost always something inside the microwave to hide from her, like a softened stick of butter lol. There isn't a time we're eating when she's not begging us or trying to jump on the table. If we open the fridge, she tries to climb inside.

She starts her mornings anywhere between 2am and 5am clawing at the side of the bed to wake us, or jumps on my girlfriend's chest and smacks her in the face with her paw. If she starts anytime before 4am, she gets crated until we're awake to feed her. Otherwise, when she is too impatient to wait for dinner, she just starts loudly chewing on anything made of plastic to drive us crazy, or knock things over, meows incessantly, or tries to walk you to the kitchen. Regardless, we never give in until her 5pm dinner.

A fun insight into the day-to-day of my little trash can of a cat's existence xD

25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not sure if I asked this a while back, but I might have. My cat HATES the carrier, and last vet check up I had a difficult time putting him in there. When I took him from my ex, I used the box carrier I took him home in to make it easier because cats like boxes. I’ve been putting the carrier out in the open and putting treats in there and he’s taking them. So I think he’s getting use to it? He had a check up this month and I think I may actually get him in there with no prob.