Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 17

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

My poor cat still hasn’t kicked the oral infection she had. Had to go to the vet today and now giving her another round of antibiotics and steroids :(

2. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Hope she starts feeling better soon

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

1B20A116-C31E-4049-84C3-2030BADE9A31.jpeg

After his haircut this spring he’s finally getting his coat back.

4. currytheword

Trusted

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh, a friend of mine is telling me she has to give up her kitten because the kitten keeps peeing everywhere. Something tells me she is really not putting in the effort to remedy that and i've given her plenty of suggestions. Very frustrating.

6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Sounds to me like you you have the chance of a lifetime: a free kitten

currytheword, GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Believe me I would, our HOA doesn't allow more than 2 cats and we already have 3.

jpmalone4 and Matt like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Was the kitten taken from its mother too early? That tends to be common in such a situation

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

She just told me she has a couple dogs, so that certainly made much more sense. The kitten is marking her territory because he probably wasn't introduced to the dogs in the right way or just is a cat who can't get along with dogs. I gave her the number to the lady I have adopted all my cats from who is an awesome person and runs a humane society down here.

GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Also, I went home to NJ this past weekend and my best friend lives in Jersey City. He has a pack of about 10 cats he feeds and has built shelters for, he has also gotten them all fixed by now and is working with someone he knows on getting some of the younger kittens homes. It was really cool to see and really inspires me to do more in my area with local strays. As soon as he walked onto the block they all live on they surrounded him and followed him. He feeds them every night and there are new kittens so he comes every morning for them too,

It was really cool stuff.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

We've been dealing with our cats peeing for awhile now and it is super annoying/frustrating. Not to mention expensive - RIP carpet. Tried a lot of the different stuff, we're finally going to keep the ones that fight apart for awhile and then try to reintroduce because we unfortunately didn't really do that well in the beginning.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Had a bit of a scare last night. My SO gets home from work, and we are just sitting on the couch and chatting. Someone rings our bell and it’s our neighbor saying there’s a cat hanging out in our driveway, low and behold it’s our devil cat. He somehow escaped when she was walking in the door. I was kind of upset she didn’t notice a large fluffy cat escape out the door, but now I’m just relieved he is fine. He was maybe outside for 10-15 so it wasn’t too long of a time, and his coat luckily didn’t get dirty at all. Checked him for ticks and what not, and overall seems to be fine. Honestly I might be thinking about it too much/worrying, but he’s never gotten out before so it was just a stressful situation. Haha

currytheword likes this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

It’s written somewhere in their DNA. “The door is open, GET OUTSIDE.”

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Omg that's terrifying thank god he's okay. If I see my cats anywhere near the door when I come in I just scare em lmao

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly he’s always been a good boi in the past when it came to that, if we were coming/going he usually just sat on the bench by our doorway as we came in and out. We did just move into a new place a few weeks ago, so I think he’s maybe more adventurous here.

16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Our tabby will freaking bolt out the door if he gets he chance. He’ll hide behind it so we don’t see him and then try to sneak around it. It is very stressful, especially when company comes over, because he is very personable, and when they leave he’ll try to just join the line out the door

GrantCloud likes this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

perfect timing on this one. he loves hugs.

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yup. Every single day when I get home from work and open the door from the garage into the house, one of my cats HAS to stick her head out the door to check out the garage and I have to push her back with my leg so she doesn't go in there.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Luckily my cat never really tries to leave the front door to our apartment, but she's always trying to get onto our third floor balcony when we open the door so I do worry the little idiot will try and jump up on the railing and overshoot it haha. We used to let her out there until I saw her eyeing that railing about to jump up.

GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

21. jorbjorb

7 rings

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah since he got out earlier this week I’ve just been side stepping in the door currently when I come and go, haha.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Sleepy Luna

0E482D72-CB15-420C-B13C-754E47F3CB6C.jpeg

currytheword, Arry, Zach and 2 others like this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

7BAD6E32-95C8-403C-ACB3-3C8759F0D720.jpeg

Sunday vibes

Arry, oldjersey and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

[​IMG]

our cat has been sleeping like a human and using a pillow to sleep. it's adorable but she's in my pillow space!