Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 16

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Our tabby opens everything, it is infuriating/cute. He opened the drawer for his little brother yesterday, and then shut him in the drawer lol

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

That’s what older siblings do

jorbjorb and Zach like this.
  3. Zach

Trusted Supporter

The guilty party
    4191821A-85C9-4ED9-BF6A-C263C5452B47.jpeg

K0ta, Arry, jorbjorb and 2 others like this.
  4. BTDandFeelingThis

jorbjorb and Zach like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Her antibiotics didn’t work. Infection got worse, so they gave us stronger ones to try now :(

6. I’m so happy in my box.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So my condo got flooded a few months ago and we are in the process of renovating it through insurance and such, because a lot of the floor got torn up we will get a cockroach (fucking florida) like once a month. My black burmese, poe, is 110% the hunter of my 3 cats and when he spots a cockroach he will start making a VERY peculiar sound that he never makes unless its him hunting a roach (im sure its his noise for hunting anything) he woke me up this morning making the noise and sure enough he had the damn roach in his mouth (good boy but kinda freaky). My question is has anyone dealt with this? I dont have a problem with it but I just find it fascinating that Poe has this super peculiar noise he makes only in the instance he is hunting an insect.

jorbjorb and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  8. BTDandFeelingThis

My cat does something similar when he sees birds or rodents or bugs he wants to catch.

oldjersey likes this.
  9. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Is it that clicking noise?

If so, it is because they want to catch whatever it is so badly, that they can’t control that reflex that their body instinctively does. First time I heard our calico do it, I was concerned til I looked it up. It’s almost like when we drool when we smell something good

She was asleep on me yesterday, and somehow she heard a cockroach crawling on the wall on the other side of the house in her sleep. I was super impressed

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Woke up in the middle of the night to one of my cats coughing up a hairball on my pillow. That was not a fun noise to be awoken by so close to my head lol

currytheword likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmmm I wouldn't say clicking, just like a weird pitched humming noise lol, its fucking weird dude!

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Our cat has been wheezing like she is going to cough up a hairball but then nothing comes out. I hope it's not something I should be worried about..

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Mine have done that occasionally, sometimes they actually cough up a hairball, other times nothing.

Matt and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  14. BTDandFeelingThis

I’ve experienced this soooo much with three cats. The worst is when they actually do hack up the hairball on the bed and you roll over into it

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

Mine does this sometimes too. She eventually will

Matt likes this.
  16. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Interesting I have never heard that noise

17. currytheword

Trusted

My cat Binx never had her vocal cords fully develop. She was born by a stray, and the entire litter (except her) that was found passed away during their first year of life at different points from water on the brain or other complications. There were 5 or 6, and when I went to see the litter at my boss’s house who was offering the kittens to us, she was the only one that woke up to play and essentially chose me.

Throughout her growing period, she had this very weak meow that was adorable, yet clearly not a fully working vocal cord. I had her checked out and the vet essentially told me it’s not life threatening, but that she also showed no signs of brain damage. Still to this day I feel very lucky to have her and her unique squeaky voice. When she purrs, I can’t hear it, only feel it.

18. Zach

Trusted Supporter

It is almost better when you can only feel it, as cute as purrs are. Our tabby doesn’t vocally purr, he just goes into vibrate mood.

Our other two are very loud purrers

currytheword likes this.
  19. JamesSparrow

These are my guys. White girl is Boo, and Grey boy is Bruce.

[​IMG]

20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

If I ever have a large male cat I'm calling him Master Bruce

Ken likes this.
  21. Zach

Trusted Supporter

That is a nice picture

22. I put a fitted sheet on the under side of the box spring to protect it.

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Yea that’s our next step, gonna try that this week

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  24. BTDandFeelingThis

I ended up having to stick towels and pillows under the bed to block my cat from getting under there. Not because she claws anything but because she’d squeeze under but couldn’t figure out how to squeeze back out and she’d get trapped under the bed and start meowing in the middle of the night until I lifted the mattress and she could jump out....only for her to do it again an hour later

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I just wish I could get my cat to stop biting when she's had enough of being pet, and her loudly scratching at the side of our mattress/bed skirt to wake us up to feed her at 4 in the morning lol. She's so lucky she's cute, she can be a little monster sometimes. Spraying her with water never worked, she'd just run away and come back in less than a minute

oldjersey likes this.