Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by oldjersey, Nov 20, 2018.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dirty Sanchez, Ken and Shrek like this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you're just that boring dan

Dirty Sanchez, Ken and Jake W like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

4. currytheword

Trusted

169C500E-5F0D-4047-A1A8-79739B9156B6.jpeg

8 years ago when everything was smaller and simpler. When Binx didn’t eat like a Great Dane.

Arry, oldjersey, Anna Acosta and 2 others like this.
  5. Does anyone else's cat get offended when you sneeze or is that just Toast

GrantCloud and currytheword like this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They all do in my experience

7. Really? Wild. I've had cats my whole life and she's the first one I've ever seen react that way. She yells at me, very conversationally. Like she's aggressively concerned.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

My sister is a vet student and was doing a placement in a cat shelter, literally the whole room of cats were meowing at her when she sneezed lol.

We used to always apologize to our old girl whenever we sneezed. She made you WANT to apologize lol

Anna Acosta likes this.
  9. That's kind of amazing. I always come at Toast with a "Can I help you?" and she cat grumbles in return.

Jake W likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmmmmm, I can't say mine has. I mean my one Tabby will run away from sneezing just because it's a loud noise and he runs when I make any kind of loud noise haha. How do you know toast is offended?!

11. Because about .5 seconds after I sneeze I'll hear a meow I can only describe as indignant and I'll turn around to see her glaring at me from wherever she's sitting - then she meows like a human complaining whenever anyone says anything to her for the next three minutes :crylaugh:

12. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

[​IMG]

if i fits, i sits

she is spoiled with a bunch of toys but loves this random blue puzzle box. always laying by it or near it but recently found out she can sit in the box. not pictured is her skin flap and flub hanging out of the box

Carmen SD, oldjersey and currytheword like this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

My cat doesn’t acknowledge sneezing much anymore. But she used to be startled by it. I’m truly always amazed at how witty she became for a cat.

-Completely stopped chasing lasers.
    -Will actually wait me out and not eat food she doesn’t want. (I’ve tried several times to buy healthier, organic brands and even mixed small amounts with the brand she does eat. Does not work.)
    -Finds specific items she knows glide well across the hardwood floors. I take them back and put them in my room or elsewhere. She finds them again, hides them when she’s done so I don’t take them, and takes them back out when I’m not home.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

All of my cats are SLAVES to the lasers

currytheword likes this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

When Laura leaves for work Ana sleeps on her side of the bed and it's really cute

20190611_103859.jpg

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

My vet almost gave me a heart attack the other day, turns out the notes he wrote were written before the message he sent us about which food to get. Also, yay cats! Yay!

currytheword likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

K0ta and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

We were about to leave for vacation for a family reunion Tuesday and be gone a week when we noticed our one cat’s left side of her face was swollen juuuust as we were heading out the door. We debated what to do, and We made the decision that my wife stay behind and take her to the vet and I’d go alone.

Vet says she had an abscess in her tooth and if we’d waited the swelling would have suffocated her. Surgery is tomorrow

oldjersey, K0ta and currytheword like this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

Wishing all the best luck to your cat! Happy to read the decision was a worthy one.

I give myself anxiety constantly looking over mine and thinking something is different or weird and consistently debate rushing to a vet.

K0ta and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  20. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Imgur Image

Imgur Image

My sister's cat was an absolutely precious being when I visited last week. She also has a serious l o o k all day every day.

21. BTDandFeelingThis

The first picture she looks like she’s seen some stuff and is trying to process

K0ta likes this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

Cat ended up needing THREE teeth out. She’s home now though. Wife says she’s acting all drunk/stoned from the anesthesia

currytheword, Dirty Sanchez and K0ta like this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Glad she's okay though! And good on your wife I would of done the same thing if I had to!

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

Not sure if I posted this before or not? My kitty likes to bite. He doesn't bite hard (has never hissed) more like a "play" bite (he loves to purr). Sometimes this bite can come off as more aggressive. Trying to teach him biting is a no no, but I'm not there all the time. Has anyone had this issue with their babies? What did you do to make them stop and did it work?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

From my research they do that when they are over stiumlated from you petting them so really the only thing to do is stop petting them.