Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats (Tom Hooper, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The trailer makes me legitimately uncomfortable enough that I honestly am not sure I could sit through the movie. I can’t handle these cats in their two second cuts from the trailer, how could I sit through an extended 5 minute scene of unbroken movement and singing?

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This will make Les Miserables look like a masterpiece

3. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

This movie is our punishment for the creeping fascism that becomes more explicit each day in the US.

At least that's the only way I can explain it.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

My girlfriends mom is excited about this and won’t stop texting her about it... so looks like I’m seeing it Christmas Day

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Cats the Musical the Movie. The way in which it crafts its storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of feline hierarchy, most of the themes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rum Tug Tugger's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from T.S. Elliot’s literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; and they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these songs, to realize that they're not just catchy - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Cats the Musical the Movie truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rum Tug Tugger's existential catchphrase "Meowth, that’s right!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tom Hooper's genius unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Cats the Musical the Movie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why is the new Top Gun not named Bottom Gun

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Never underestimate how moronic and out of touch studio executives are. Never.

8. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Well, let's all be thankful this isn't how the faces look in the new Lion King.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

So hype

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

How is Nic Cage not in this? Image him just popping up out of nowhere and giving a meow and then hissing at the other cats. We have failed as a society.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Brian Blessed is such a gift and the movie should just be that picture of him as a cat holding a cat broadcast for two hours.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Dog with a Blog

Why didn’t they give em cat noses

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

all I know is if I dont see at least one cat b hole my immersion will be completely broken

oncenowagain likes this.
  19. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

angrycandy, DarkHotline and Serh like this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

DarkHotline and aoftbsten like this.
  21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I saw the trailer for this before the Lion King and I can honestly say it creeped me out.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I've watched this trailer so many times since it dropped.

This whole project is so audacious & misguided & sure of itself & uniquely bonkers & poorly rendered. It's not bad in the tedious, predictable, movie-by-committee way that Sonic was. I can't make sense of how or why it exists, & for that reason alone, I am thankful for it.

Will probably wait for Redbox, but nonetheless, will 100% watch this eventually.

coleslawed, Why Bother? and SpyKi like this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I saw Cats live last month and had no idea what to expect and it was fucking insane and I left halfway through and I loved every minute

25. I'm concerned because I'm not as creeped out by this as I know I should be...

I actually really love the set design and colors in it.

SpyKi likes this.