Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cats (Tom Hooper, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, Jul 18, 2019.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

tracking to lose 71 million, one of the biggest bombs ever

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I just did this with my girlfriends brother. An absolutely astonishingly appalling movie. Just how did this movie happen

3. yung_ting

Trusted

still don’t know what a jellicle is despite them saying it twenty times a minute for the entire duration

4. yung_ting

Trusted

in the words of the brave woman overheard while leaving: “fuck Andrew Lloyd Webber”

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

JELLICLE CATS JELLLLICALE CATS

angrycandy and yung_ting like this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted

found it profoundly moving when the cat named Deuteronomy made the Jellicle Choice and sent a cat away in a hot air balloon that explodes into dust

the cats are ghosts (?) that live many lives and hornily drink milk and nuzzle each other while saying and singing their own names a bunch

thought it was pretty good

7. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I want to edit a video of midsommar footage with the jellicle ball song playing over it

gonz (Alex) and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

That wasn't very jellicle of her

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Edit: I’ve since learned it’s not actually Jason and this isn’t actually the Golden Globes. The Internet is a strange place...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

A Conversation With The Guy Who Took Mushrooms And Saw CATS

I had to take a break. I left, went into the bathroom, went into the stall to be alone, and just breathed. The quiet space and bright flat white fluorescent light comforted me, because nothing was moving, nothing was hairy, nothing was horny.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I watched a clip of the Taylor Swift scene that was like a minute and a half and I know for certain I could not get through this whole movie

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think I'd have a panic attack if I saw this movie on shrooms

14. DickyCullz

you def need to be on something to even remotely come close to having a good time

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh no. My local theater has its last showing of this tomorrow night. Gonna have to cancel some plans so I can see this disasterpiece.

Zilla, DickyCullz and Dog with a Blog like this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Pulling the trigger on this. Last possible showing at my local theater in an hour. Just took an edible. Pretty sure I'm going to be the only one there. Let's do this.

DickyCullz, RyanPm40 and angrycandy like this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That edible was not strong enough.

18. DickyCullz

I don’t think any drug is strong enough for this

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

We've failed as a society for having ever let the musical itself become a hit.

bradsonemanband, Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

For real though, this was maybe the hardest I've laughed at a movie in a long time. Two other people were watching it with me and I'm glad I wasn't the only one in the theater. There was an uncomfortable silence for the first third until Idris Edla said "meow" and disappeared and then all of us just burst out laughing for pretty much the remaining duration.

And yes. This did haunt my dreams last night.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

22. simonthebutler

Regular

My wife and I were both left speechless by this. I really can't describe it. It is terrifying, laughable or and mind boggling all at the same time. They have human hands and feet which just looked odd but most jarring were the human eyebrows. I did like the tap dancing bit though.

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

oncenowagain and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

there's midnight showings of this at a nearby theater this february/march. having thoughts about pulling the trigger...

25. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

This broke me