Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Casual (Hulu) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ChaseTx, Jun 12, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Casual is an American television comedy-drama series that premiered on October 7, 2015 on Hulu. Created by Zander Lehmann and directed by Jason Reitman, the series centers on Valerie (Michaela Watkins), a newly divorced single mother living with her brother Alex (Tommy Dewey) and her daughter Laura (Tara Lynne Barr). The cast also includes Frances Conroy and Nyasha Hatendi.

It's currently in its second season.

2. This show is definitely underrated. Second season started off great.

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Oh, it's back? Sweet. Loved the first season.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Yep still emotionally crushing

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah S1 was fantastic, glad this is back

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really want to check this out.

7. ChaseTx

I definitely recommend it. I think season one was only like ten episodes so it's really easy to get through in one or two sittings

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. I'm gonna try to catch up soon. Just so much stuff to watch. I've enjoyed Jason Reitman for the most part and this looks to be no exception.

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm only halfway through the pilot, but whoa, this show's gonna be really good, huh?

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. Cody

Oh, man, this show is going to cut right through me too. I'm such a sucker for a good sibling relationship, and this show seems like it's playing everything so honestly, both good and bad. Such great acting and writing. I have never seen the guy who plays the brother before in anything, but holy shit, dude is like at a Ken Marino tier of line delivery. So good.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. Cody

Oh my god, these characters; Alex is one of the best on TV right now, I think. I binged this season super hard.

Emile: "What do you think of my piece?"
    Alex: "It's a box. Shaped like a heart. Kinda like a heart-shaped box."
    Emile: "Yeah, it's inspired by Nirvana. I know it's one of their lesser-known songs."
    Alex: "That was a number one single."

12. Cody Jun 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2016)
    Cody

The first scene betwen Alex & Emmy is unbelievable. Eliza Coupe is amazing as always, but their chemistry in particular was ridiculous. Hope she sticks around.

Also, Emile is a douchebag. EDIT: Maybe not? Should've waited til the end of the episode.

13. ChaseTx

Great episode this week. And it was directed by Karyn Kusama, which is cool

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the first 3 episodes. Loving it so far, and agree with @Cody that the guy playing the brother is great. Haven't ever seen him before either. Hoping to be all caught up before S2 finishes.

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. Awesome news.

17. ChaseTx

I breezed through that first season, which is rare for me

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I could see myself watching it all in a day or two if I had the time. I usually struggle to keep up with the shows I watch that are currently airing, but I had a little time yesterday and easily blew threw those first 3 episodes.

ChaseTx likes this.
  19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

So I just finished S1. Obviously I'm liking this show quite a bit.

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Cody

Another thing that I really love about this show: I really love that Laura's very common teenager actions (smoking, sex, drinking) are ever really stigmatized by her family, only in very extreme cases does that happen.

21. Cody

Man, masterful timing to bring back Leon in ep. 6. Fits so well.

22. Cody

Oh, man. The end of this episode is crazy good. Everything with Alex/Sarah, Laura at the party. Weird to think I care about Valerie the least of the three right now. This show is on top of its shit right now; I think it's the best it's been yet..

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Definitely one of my favorite shows recently

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Blasted through the first season in like 2 days. Hope I can catch up completely this weekend.

25. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched the first season in two sittings yesterday. Thanksgiving was so uncomfortable to watch. I hope Alex catches a break for once in S2.

ChaseTx likes this.