Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Castlevania (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, May 24, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I totally agree about the monsters. I was hoping for more variety too, but I have to imagine that the closer they get to the castle, and especially when they go inside it, the more diverse the monsters will be. I can't wait for the next season. And Grant had better be in it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

yeah im guessing theyll take a CV3/CV1 approach on the castle being this very large vertical building that appears much much larger on the inside than it does on the outside. i wouldnt be surprised if there are "themed" rooms or something as well, im totally down for a bunch of episodes with the heroes just ascending the castle and fighting new creative takes on these monsters and bosses.

also something i loved was how "videogamey" some moments were. Trevor platforming his way around, sliding on ropes and jumping up to reach different areas. i love the reference to CV2 when he arrives in Gresit and goes around getting info from the villagers and they give him kind of obscure, oddly phrased clues as to whats been happening much like the games did almost as if theyre NPCs. seeing Trevor throw knives and holy water as well as the first time he uses that whip were just wonderful

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  3. Anthony_ Jul 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2017)
    Anthony_

Yes! Just like Simon's Quest haha I had a flashback to the OG Angry Video Game Nerd video from that scene. They definitely incorporated elements from the games in some really organic ways, especially when they were riding the cogs in that machinery in episode 4. Clock Tower (and the requisite fight against Death at the end) is going to be a sick sequence when they get to it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. CoffeeEyes17

omg the AVGNs series on Castlevania, plus that old Simons Quest video, are brilliant and capture that feeling of frustration so well. another comparison the games have to Soulsborne, brutal difficulty but fair for the most part.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The only Castlevania games I've played is Dawn of Sorrow on DS and I loved it.

I bought Dracula X Chronicle for my Vita in order to unlock SOTN , but the main game is so hard I can't get to the part where it's found

Anyway, I'll start this tonight

SpyKi likes this.
  6. Anthony_

Should've just bought SOTN on PSN! Haha unless the version on that game doesn't have the ridiculous load times.

7. ChaseTx

They were the same price or something and with Dracula X Chronicle you're getting two games for one! Also I think it's a remastered version or something

8. Anthony_

Oh well then yeah totally that was a good idea. Damn I should've done that ha

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Really digging this, glad it's getting more episodes.

10. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

I enjoyed this far more than I expected and ended up watching all 4 episodes back to back when I intended to only check out the first. The art and story are both excellent and the show is both dark and surprisingly funny ("please leave my testicles alone!"). I'm hooked and a bit sad that there will undoubtedly be a long wait for season 2.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

"I am Trevor Belmont, of the House of Belmont, and dying has never frightened me"

*my loudest yea boi ever"

maldoror likes this.
  12. Davjs likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wonder if we get season 2 in July

14. Oct 26

[​IMG]

15. Can't wait.

16. I had no idea this was dropping today.

17. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I love how this show portrays how ass backwards Christianity was back in the day.

18. DooDooBird

Trusted

I'm really digging this show. Finished the episode where the trio attacks Dracula and that battle was epic.

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just finished a playthrough of Symphony of the Night so seems like a good time to finally watch this haha

20. ChaseTx

I bought Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles a couple years ago because I had heard you can unlock Symphony of the Night. Unfortunately the game is so hard I could never get through the 1.5 or so levels you have to do to unlock it

21. DooDooBird

Trusted

Do yourself a favor and watch a synopsis of the episode after you finish it. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding what’s going on, but after reading the recap I understand it more and it helps me understand where we’re at during the start of the next episode.

22. tdlyon Apr 5, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2019)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't usually watch shows like this and I've never played a Castlevania game but I just watched it on a whim after a friend raved about it and it was fucking great, wow. Beautiful animation and a great story, and surprisingly really funny too which I didn't expect

DooDooBird and ChaseTx like this.
  23. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Completely forgot Season 2 was released. Still need to watch it- whoops!

24. Davjs

Trusted

I watched this forever ago, but just found this thread. Both seasons are fantastic. So glad there is a season 3 coming

25. Anthony_

New season is out!

DooDooBird and Whalejaw like this.