Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Castlevania (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, May 24, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Kingjohn_654 and Contender like this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

My hype is through the roof for this and before I saw this trailer I did not expect this to be good, ha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wish some of the animation on this were a bit more fluid, but I'm liking it so far.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can't wait to watch this later.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Henry and crunchprank like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

tucah likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Glad it was renewed, given the ending. lol

crunchprank likes this.
  9. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

The only bad thing about this was the fact it was only four 30 minute episodes (and maybe the audio production). I loved this. So glad to see that it's getting more episodes. Trevor was a complete BAMF. Highly, highly recommend checking it out. Literally the length of your average movie.

Anthony_D'Elia and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

WHAT THE FUCK I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THIS WAS A THING

before the Souls series came into my life, Castlevania was my first love and the first game where i realized games could consist of more than one screen. like, at the end of the first level of the first CV game there was a giant bat and as a kid i thought "oh that must be Dracula" only to find out that was just 1 level and 1 boss.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

This was super cool and pretty much all I could have asked for from a Castlevania show but it's good they announced more today because it kind of just felt like a prologue with only ~90 minutes or so of material. Great stuff though.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

on episode 2 now. this..... this.... this is.....

this is everything ive ever wanted in a Castlevania anime holy shit i love it but whyyyyy only 4 episodes. i love this version of Trevor

13. Anthony_

For some reason I got some serious Soulsborne vibes from the show's aesthetic. Like, not just Castlevania vibes.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. Anthony_

I loved this. Gone too soon and all that, though. So glad they immediately renewed it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. CoffeeEyes17

i swear to god theres a statue in the middle of the city in episode 2 that looks like the forsaken knight set from DS3. but yeah ive always felt like Souls had elements of Castlevania and even Legend Of Zelda in it.

16. Anthony_

Yeah it definitely has. Especially the Symphony of the Night/Harmony of Dissonance/Aria of Sorrow design aesthetic.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Even though this probably doesn't belong here, I thought you all might appreciate it. I grabbed it on release, but it looks like they are still available here.

[​IMG]

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That art is dope

19. CoffeeEyes17

yes yes yes those in particular. theres definitely a part of me that wishes someone would take the Castlevania license and make a Soulslike out of it.

ive always enjoyed the Castlevania mythology and this idea that Dracula basically controls all of these evil creatures that we colloquially recognize (mummies, Frankenstein monster, the motherfucking grim reaper is his lieutenant) and this family of people as well as this avengers style lineup of characters that have to fight back against them as well as fight each other. Trevor and Richter Belmont ftw sorry Simon

20. CoffeeEyes17

"God shits in my dinner once again" holy fuck that had me howling

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I give Adi a ton of credit. The dude has a ton of passion for the products he produces, no matter if they are hokey or seem undoable. Really hope something becomes of Judge Dredd under his watch. His animated mini was great. If you loved this, check it out.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

Trevor is the GOAT Belmont, especially after this series' interpretation of him. Soma Cruz is my fav non-Belmont, though. But that could be because Aria/Dawn of Sorrow are my favorite games in the series.

CoffeeEyes17 and SpyKi like this.
  23. CoffeeEyes17

ok so im going to spoiler this just in case but these are just some general thoughts from a longtime CV fan

holy shit i loved this so so so much. i love how brutally graphic it is and how blatantly vulgar without being childish it can be. its so stylish but none of it feels unnecessary.

i didnt realize this would be based on CV III but thats a good template to start from and adding in shades of other CV games. the idea that the Belmonts were excommunicated is from Lament Of Innocence and Lisa being burned as a witch is mentioned in Symphony Of The Night and is implied throughout most of the other games. Wallachia is the primary setting of Curse Of Darkness and theres other little references here and there. but anways, CV III is a good template because its a prequel in the CV canon and sets up some important plot threads, plus it gives us Trevor who is a fan favorite as well as Sypha, Alucard, and Grant who form a great basis for this ragtag bunch of heroes. sadly Grant is missing but im assuming he will appear in S2. The Speakers are new to the mythos and theyre an interesting counterpoint to the Belmont clan plus it gives Sypha some more background. by the by when i realized she was Sypha i almost screamed. Alucard makes sense because, well, Draculas son and all but i like this take on him. CV III was basically when the series became an actual franchise with world building, character development, and planting the seeds for future installments so im glad they chose this as the platform to create this series.

the church being the secondary villain is a great addition as well, idk if the other CV games have mentioned the church being straight up evil or manipulative but the Belmonts have never had nice things to say about them. i like that they make Dracula very sympathetic but still very much an evil threat and i liked Trevors little character arc.

this show is much funnier than i expected it to be and i think Trevor is pitch perfect as far as what i imagined he would be like as an animated character. all in all this was absolutely wonderful

24. Anthony_

Yeah I thought basing it on III was a great idea too just because it had the four playable characters so you automatically have a bigger cast then most early Castlevania games haha. I also really, really love how they've decided to flesh out Trevor and Sypha as characters here, plus Alucard is pretty much perfect. The fight scene at the end of episode 4 (you know the one) was so damn epic and everything I could have wanted from something like this. Gahhh this "season" was such a damn tease!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

oh my god yes yes yes. that fight was just.....perfect. ive always wanted to see those two go at it like that and it was brilliant. totally agreed that they fleshed out the characters really well to the point that i would love for that stuff to just be canon. watching Trevor become this military tactician was so awesome. im very excited for S2 and i hope we see even more fan service/fan favorite stuff.

my only real complaint is i wanted more monsters. the cyclops was cool and the hellbeast creature was neat but otherwise its mostly just those devil creatures, which i get it they need some sort of "fodder" enemy but one thing ive always loved about the CV series is taking monsters from our own world and putting them in the ranks of Draculas forces. wolfmen, mummies, Igor is his primary inventor/scientist, water creatures, monsters from greek and christian mythology, all of that stuff is just really cool and i hope to god we see Death next season.