Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Castle Rock (Hulu, Summer 2018) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dave Diddy, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

The fact that the gunshots that killed Alan are also what drew him to the house 20-ish years earlier suggests she can actually travel through time, doesn't it?

Connor likes this.
  2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

This is what got me. Also I’m pretty bummed that Alan is dead. I liked his character a lot and think Scott Glenn is terrific.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

agreed, he's a wonderful actor and will be missed, but it was definitely a development that raises the stakes going into these last few episodes and I respect that

Connor likes this.
  4. engineercsmith

Whitey Fairmont

Alan warned the new prison warden to never release the Satan boy. Alan knew everything. So, why didn't Alan try to capture Satan boy when he got out????

This really ruins the whole story for me.

Does anyone have a good explanation?

5. Connor

He told Alan he could help Ruth with her illness

6. engineercsmith Aug 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2018)
    engineercsmith

Whitey Fairmont

O.K., I remember that.
    I don't find the plot holds water if Alan takes the Devil at his word. How could Alan believe the The Kid after telling Warden Porter to never release him. Alan knew what Warden Lacy had been up to all those years. It just doesn't sit right as a story.
    In my opinion, the plot would be more solid if Alan had pursued and attempted to capture "The Kid" while the other characters, like Henry, defended the kid. It would have created another reason for conflict between Alan and Henry.
    Thank you for answering Connor.
    Chris

Connor likes this.
  7. Syre Dream

Regular

Episode 8 was fantastic, holy smokes. When Jackie T hits the guy with the axe I got kinda giddy if you catch my drift haha

Rowan5215 and Vivatoto like this.
  8. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I think you might be overstating what they've told us Alan knew about the kid. It's seems much more in line with his character that he'd do whatever it takes to help Ruth.

Connor likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

the way his scream kept kinda looping in all of Molly's scenes for the rest of the ep was actually genius

Connor likes this.
  10. Syre Dream

Regular

Well 9 was a fun episode ;)

jkauf likes this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Wtf is going on

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Currently watching 9

Just one question

What the actual fuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

jkauf, Connor and mike1885 like this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah 9 actually confused me a lot. Maybe someone can attempt explaining whats going on? My best guess is it takes place in a parallel dimension. Could the Boy (of ep. 9) possibly be Henry Deaver in that dimension? And his intrusion into the other dimension somehow affects the balance of things? Can someone tel me the significance of Jackies story? Who is she? What role does Molly have in all this? AHHH

jkauf likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Can’t read the thread for spoilers but I’m loving this so far. On about episode 5. Only thing I hate is there are way too many dead animals. But the cast and the references are amazing and a few scenes have truly terrified me.

15. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

As far as I can tell Black Henry crossed over to the time line in the last episode, that's why he was missing, when he crossed over he got locked up by the priest until white Henry found him in the last episode. When he escaped and both Henry's were running through the woods they both crossed back over into black Henrys time line. Then white Henry got stuck in that time line and couldn't get back, was eventually found by the Warden and locked up until they found him in the prison cage and said his name was Henry Deavers so they called grown up Black Henry. Seems like whoever crosses over doesn't age in that time line. Does any of this make sense?

jkauf and Connor like this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Omg wat. Might need to rewatch. This time I’ll do it sober and not before bed lol.

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit, Ruth’s episode (7) was incredible.

Connor likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Did not enjoy the finale at all. Felt like they really dropped the ball. Is this getting another season or?

OotyPa likes this.
  19. Connor

Yeah it is

20. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Can someone tell me what the fuck happened lol. I didn’t get it haha

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I loved this season but felt like it completely lost me in the last two episodes.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah, overall I didn't love the finale, I did lovvvve the smirk he gives right before the fade. I gotta rewatch it all.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Omg I loved episode 9. That episode actually made a lot of sense to me and really tied everything together. As someone above already summarized, both the boy and Henry are the same person but from alternative universes. When Henry was a boy he somehow crossed over into the boy's universe, and was held captive for 27 years. The boy finally discovers Henry, brings him to the woods, and they both cross over into Henry's universe. Then, ironically, the boy is also held captive for 27 years. It seems like they need each other to open the portal in the woods, and the reason bad things happen around them is because they don't belong in that world and it's throwing of it's course.

Now that makes sense.....But then the season finale fucked that whole explanation up! Like in the prison the boy was clearly controlling that riot. And then in the woods he turned into that demon looking thing for a quick second. And then the very end he gives that evil smirk. So he really is evil? But if that's true, then what was episode 9, was that not real? Urgh such a great show but that ending irked me. I need season 2 ASAP.

But seriously, why did the warden and Henry both decide to lock him up......why won't anyone actually kill him??

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Woah woah I was just reading up on the season 2 plans. This is an anthology show and season 2 will be a brand new story. So that was the end to this first story? Fuckkkkk I want a definitive answer!

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Good news imo. Really hated that ending the more I think about it. Kinda want a fresh start. I usually like crazy twists that dive into the surreal and inexplicable (huge fan of twin peaks and the leftovers) but this just seemed like it fell all over itself