Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Castle Rock (Hulu, Summer 2018) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dave Diddy, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

“Set in the Stephen King multiverse, Castle Rock, from Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, is named after the fictional town in King’s native Maine that is featured prominently in a number of his novels, novellas and short stories. Per the producers, it combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland.”

Starring André Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Sissy Spacek, Jane Levy, Terry O’Quinn, Melanie Lynskey, and Scott Glenn.

Super Bowl Teaser:

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

liked the tone of the trailer enough, cast is good too

3. OotyPa

fall away

I’m in.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. OotyPa

fall away

Neeeed.

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Embargo lifts tomorrow on this and I had the chance to watch the first four episodes. Feel free to drop some questions in here and I can pop in to answer them. Thinking I might do something similar to the first listens Jason does in the supporter forums. If anyone wants me to, that is, haha.

OotyPa likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away

I guess I'm not clear on if each episode is its own contained story with characters and plot events that don't figure into other episodes.

Other than that, I'm curious as to your general impression of the episodes so far. The cast looks incredible and, based on the trailers, it looks visually stunning.

Deanna likes this.
  8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this looks wild. can't wait.

9. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Looks great. I'm excited.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

It's an ongoing story across the episodes. I've really enjoyed the first four episodes. I think it's well-written. With it being set in Castle Rock, it's going to be obvious that various aspects of Stephen King stories are present, but I'm totally fine with that. There's a lot of history in that town and I feel like it would have been weird to just ignore it.

OotyPa likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Additional thoughts here: Castle Rock brings plenty of mystery

I'll be recapping each episode as they drop, but these are just some general thoughts after seeing the first four episodes.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Happy premiere day! Stoked to hear what other people think about this.

14. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Really intrigued after episode 1. My wife and I are going right into episode 2 now.

Also, I went to high school with the actor that plays Boyd (guard who lays on the bed in Block F when they’re counting spaces for inmates).

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Did this drop all at once? Or is it a new episode per week?

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Three episodes today and then one a week.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks! I’ve never watched a show that’s airing “live” on Hulu so wasn’t sure how they did things haha. Will have to check this out.

Deanna likes this.
  18. Dave Diddy

I haven't watched a ton of "live" Hulu shows as they've been airing but I think this is pretty standard for them. Release 2-3 episodes on day 1 so people can kind of get hooked and then they release them weekly. I actually don't mind that strategy. While part of me likes to binge shows and just be able to watch them all right away, the waiting helps build suspense and also I'm not mad at myself for watching an entire season in 3 days.

19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Really into this so far. Watched the first 2 eps late tonight in between running outside to my complex's laundry room for loads of wash. Cool to hear there's a third ep out I can watch tomorrow.

20. Dave Diddy

Had to finish something else before I could dive in to Castle Rock but I enjoyed the first episode. As a big Lost fan I was sad to see John Lock commit suicide but maybe he'll get quite a few flashbacks or something.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This is prrrettty good so far, not super addicting yet.

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Last scene of episode 4 was insane!

23. Dave Diddy

Hulu released an official "companion" podcast for the show FYI

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The last scene of 3 scared the living shit outta me haha

Very “The strangers”-esque

jjnunn118 likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The last scene reminded me of something that could be in FXs Fargo which is high praise