Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cassadee Pope - Stages (February 1, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jan 10, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I'm still somehow anticipating this. Her career has been bumpy, but I have the biggest soft spot for her voice.

trevorshmevor and tyramail like this.
  3. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

"Take You Home" is an absolute tune. Excited for this one - her voice is indeed something special.

4. trevorshmevor Jan 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2019)
    I’ll still go to bat for Frame By Frame, probabaly even the self titled EP. Haven’t really been into the stuff she’s done since but I’ll definitely be checking this out

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

holy shit she references Third Eye Blind

Bring Me Down Town , FYI, Distracted slap

I really liked this

6. chelsealouanne

Regular

Intrigued by this. Still have to have a listen to this all later!

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Obligatory @Larry David tag anytime 3eb is mentioned

Larry David likes this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I might listen to this idk. Haven't made up my mind yet.

9. A 3EB reference coming from her doesn’t feel too out of left field but I’m sure I’ll geek out nonetheless

10. The three songs @iCarly Rae Jepsen mentioned were the highlights for me too. Gavi was a nice surprise.

These songs are real catchy, but outside of a few lyrics and it being her actual voice, I don’t feel a lot of her identity here. This kinda feels like exactly what her debut would have been if her fingerprints couldn’t be seen all over it. Love love love her voice though and I’m sure a lot of these will be on my big summer shuffle playlist this year regardless.

Brent likes this.
  11. Haha, pretty cool for her

61E45E49-ECAF-41F9-B76E-D1F188EAC31A.png

12. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

This is probably my favourite thing she’s released. So many great moments.

13. cshadows2887

This is very solid mainstream pop-country. Her voice continues to just hit a very particular place in me.

14. holdyourarrows

I bought two tickets for her 4/11 show in Tampa but I can’t go anymore sooo if anyone wants them both for $30 they’re all yours

15. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

FYI is so damn catchy.

Also...the tea in that song...wow.

16. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really like this record. "Still Got It" is one of those insanely catchy, super well-sung songs that I have to play at least twice every time I listen through the record. Already got it earmarked for my summer playlist.

Anna Acosta and WhosBroden? like this.
  17. It took me until 2019 to give Cass Pope a chance (I had this weird block where I couldn't buy her as a country singer after pop punk when she changed genres... definitely a "me" issue but ANYWAY), so this is my first listen to anything of hers since Hey Monday and I'm very much enjoying this record.

I felt a lot of the lyrical content in my spirit and her voice lends itself really well to this stuff. "Take Me Home" and "Still Got It" are going to be in my head for days.

Craig Manning likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Those two are my favorites as well.

19. I've really bonded with this record in a way I didn't expect to. Put it on for my mom and she goes "this sounds like Florida Georgia Line with good lyrics" and I may never stop laughing because sonically (she didn't mean vocally or as a pejorative) she's not... wrong

Craig Manning likes this.
  20. cshadows2887

I wish there was a song I liked on this as much as I love "I Wish I Could Break Your Heart". That one killer track would be the x-factor on this.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. Acoustic album out today. Was very pleased to see Hangover on there, one of the only good Hey Monday songs imo

22. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I made it three songs in and wasn’t feeling it. Could have just been my mood at the time though, so I’ll dive back in at a later date.

Sidenote - Stages is still terrific.

23. trevorshmevor May 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2023)

1000% on board with this direction. Reminds me much more of what I was hoping for earlier in her solo career

25. She’s got a new one out Oct 15. Looks like she’s also recently embraced the term “y’allternative” so I’d expect the singles to pretty accurately reflect the direction of the entire record