Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Caspian Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by johnnyferris, Mar 31, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Will be going to their Pomona show on Friday. Anybody check out this Katatonia tour yet?

2. johnnyferris

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this was a very interesting listen, especially as someone who also went to a small Christian college.

4. johnnyferris

I went to a Christian high school so I wanted to getaway from a Christian college experience haha. Some real funny stories in this podcast though

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Barcara

Regular

April 7th for me! Can't wait. Pretty sure they said somewhere else that they were preparing to bring the heavy for these shows, which makes sense considering the bill. As a first timer I'll miss the softer songs, as those are usually my favourites, but holy moly the last minute or so of Darkfield is going to euphoric.

6. johnnyferris

They have a 45 minute set on this tour and the staples for the set have been Arcs of Command, Echo and Abyss, and Darkfield. They said on Twitter they're changing the rest up every night. You'll probably get Castles High but the rest is up in the air. I'm glad you'll get to see them, but I'm bummed you won't able to see a headlining set from. Enjoy it because I sure as hell will be enjoying it tomorrow.

Barcara likes this.
  7. johnnyferris

They opened with the Raven last night. Great set

coleslawed likes this.
  8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Nice. I've seen them three times and they've never played this.

9. Barcara

Regular

Last night was their first show ever in Calgary, great reception by the crowd.
    We got the three staples on this tour from D&D plus Rioseco and Castles to close, it was phenomenal.

10. johnnyferris

Happy Caspian Day! One of the best to ever do it imo

coleslawed likes this.
  11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Anyone know if they’re still active? Was randomly listening to Tertia today and it’s got me hankering for a new album.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Took a look at their facebook and found this ;(
    73F7F53D-60E7-44A7-8075-1A1362175A14.png

13. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Dang

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I could listen to only Gone in Bloom and Bough and (Hymn for) The Greatest Generation for the rest of my life and be happy.

johnnyferris likes this.
  15. johnnyferris

I know Erin was going to be hiking the Appalachian Trail this fall and I'm not sure he's finished yet. It just takes them a long time to write so I'm sure Dust And Disquiet won't be the last.

Ryan Garner likes this.
  16. dlemert

Trusted

If these guys keep putting out albums a la Waking Season and Dust & Disquiet, they can take all the time they need.

johnnyferris and Ryan Garner like this.
  17. johnnyferris

They’re announcing a European headliner with some festival appearances tomorrow. Cloakroom is support for the tour.

They’ve also started the process of writing new material!

Glad they’re getting back into the swing of things. The best band

18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Excited, loved the last record

johnnyferris likes this.
  19. Deathco_019

Drummer

Nice, their last record is their best. In fact, they've just been getting better and better with every album

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I wish Tertia sounded better. It has some incredible songs like Sycamore, Of Foam and Wave (the song that got me into them thanks to Riley from Thrice), and Vienna but I hardly go back to it because of how it was produced/mixed.

21. johnnyferris

I think the live versions of Sycamore and Concrescence from the Old South Church are way superior to the album versions.

waking season likes this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. If there was one album I could have remixed/remastered it would be Tertia.

johnnyferris likes this.
  23. johnnyferris

I hope they go back with Matt Bayles because he's really captured their sound since they started working with him.

waking season likes this.
  24. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Everything Bayles touches is gold.

TheBaroness and johnnyferris like this.
  25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The heavy part in Castles High, Marble Bright is otherworldly.

johnnyferris likes this.