Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Caspian Releases New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

AOTY

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Fuck yeah. These dudes are local (Beverly, MA). Have been following and seeing these guys live for a while. One of the best post rock bands to ever do it. If anyone wants to check out other good similar bands I would recommend Jakob, Tides From Nebula, God is an Astronaut, and Godspeed! You Black Emperor (but especially Jakob, SOOOO good).

Edit: Add Explosions in the Sky to that list of course.

4. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

And So I Watch You From Afar has always been my other favourite post-rock band alongside Caspian, though I know they do it differently from one another.

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

You might like Vasudeva if you like that math rock instrumental music. Think Minus the Bear with no vox and funkier.

serotonin and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You guys know what's up. Both are fantastic

Ska Senanake likes this.
  7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Can't stop listening to this. Kyle's feature is incredible and I'm looking forward to their tour together cause I'm sure we'll get this song live!

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Well I do love MTB too, so you're speaking my language and will have to check them out! I'll admit I've never delved too far into the genre - just found a few that I really like and go back to them a lot. I'll also add, I didn't namecheck ASIWYFA thinking it was going to be a new recommendation to anyone, but am glad it's served to inspire a recommendation for me.

9. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Always happy to see Jakob mentioned.
    Riley from Thrice's recommendations on the band's website, as the band used to do, accounts for a serious part of my musical tastes, and Jakob was probably the most impactful.

Love Caspian, have been listening non-stop.

Ska Senanake likes this.