Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cashmere Cat - 9 (April 28) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by sophos34, Aug 25, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

WHEN ARE WE GETTING A NEW HOLY OTHER ALBUM

Joel likes this.
  2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Idk if it's the legit album but it is the track list you posted. Haven't listened to anything other than the one song though.

irthesteve likes this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I quite like this. I'm a little surprised, since I was not very interested in his set at all a couple weeks ago, although I could attribute that to following up SOPHIE. I wish it was a little less vocal heavy. It becomes a little tiring in the stretch from Tory Lanez coming in on Throw Myself a Party until it gets to After Coachella, which is my favorite of the bunch. I still think Ryan Hemsworth is doing a similar sound much better, but I'm excited to spend more time with this.

4. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i am pretty curious why it seems like cashmere graduated to the big time but ryan wasnt able to.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ryan has also been pretty slow with output lately, maybe he's putting together a huge album to hit the mainstream, or something

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think it's because Ryan wanted to foster his own thing and started the secret songs thing while cashmere branched out into pop

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

And while cashmere and Ryan may seem to operate in similar lanes I think there's still some distinct differences between the two. While they both do work in both genres, Ryan was always the rap producer and cashmere was the poppier guy

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

that record is so bangin. Hoping this one is as good, gonna listen tomorrow

sophos34 likes this.
  9. irthesteve

so do we know what this is yet? I still see places that these are demo versions?

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Didn't notice any difference on the official versions of trust nobody or wild love vs what leaked.

11. irthesteve

There's always the possibility that those two released versions were added in with demos as well

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Everything sounds pretty finished tbh

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

There was also rumor this was gonna drop last Friday so who knows what's up

14. irthesteve

I saw the date is supposed to be this Friday now, but I don't actually see it anywhere legit

15. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Really digging this, although it feels weird hearing Jeremih instead of Ari on Adore.

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hello. Posting as a reminder that I still adore the MO and Sophie track.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

New phone who dis

18. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

irthesteve, Joel and sophos34 like this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

wow im loving this

brandon_260 likes this.
  20. irthesteve

First listen through, definitely sounds like the real album and not demos, but I could still be wrong. Some really cool stuff on here for sure. The SOPHIE song is really fucking cool until like 1:10ish and then SOPHIE fucks it up and makes it nearly unlistenable, which is a bummer.

The instrumental tracks on here are great, album seems sequenced a bit weird, maybe it's not the final order.

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

we get it steve you don't like sophie

22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's ok, I love Sophie enough for the both of us.

cwhit likes this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

808 party is my favorite

24. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

everything from 30 seconds to 1:10 is clearly SOPHIE too lol

25. irthesteve

sadly, yeah. holding out hope for a non-SOPHIE version!!!