Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Casey - Where I Go When I Am Sleeping

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by azzy01, Mar 16, 2018.

1. azzy01

Regular

New album from Welsh post hardcore band Casey, signed to Rise/ Hassle. RIYL Being As An Ocean, Underoath, Crooks (UK), Gates.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

oh hell yea, this is gooood!

azzy01 likes this.
  3. azzy01

Regular

Ikr, it's phenomenal check out the lyrics on genius if you haven't yet , the singer himself puts them up and explains them. Really unique stuff in terms of lyrical themes

teebs41 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

that is awesome!

Is the screamer/singer. same person?

5. azzy01

Regular

Yep same guy, never heard lyrics that deals with mental illness and specifically the effects medication has on a person to this extent.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. DesireToPlease

Regular

My 3 favorites on the album

7. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Loved their first album, and I love this one. Need them to come to the US

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is a big improvement over the debut

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm enjoying this a lot more on my second listen. Wasn't really feeling it on Friday.

teebs41 and azzy01 like this.
  10. azzy01

Regular

It's definitely a grower, on repeated listens new melodies stick out

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I really dig the overall tone of this. need to come back to it more

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this record

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This album is just UNREAL good

beachdude likes this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Super underrated album for sure!

Badtasteinmusic and teebs41 like this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn... this band broke up

16. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Ughhh that sucks, the album didn’t even come out a year ago

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This one hurts

18. Theemoflamingo

Regular

One off US show being announced today at Noon CST

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Kellan

I actually thought I’d never be lucky enough for the show to be in Chicago and yet here we are.

Did they really never tour in the US?

Theemoflamingo and teebs41 like this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

just really really wish they wouldn't break up.. or its not permanent. I really loved this album

21. Theemoflamingo

Regular

They made it seem like with the release of their second album and signing to rise that it would happen eventually
    Coming from Minneapolis for the show, very excited

22. Kellan

I really want the complete works boxset but $90 is pretty pricey for two full lengths and and an EP.

23. Kellan

“Hey everyone,

Okay, it’s been a frustrating and heart-breaking day, so we’ll skip straight to the bad news. Due to an administrative error by US Customs and Immigration which caused a severe delay in processing, some of the members of Casey did not receive their artist visas in time for tomorrows performance. In fact, out of the 5 of us, only Tom was successful in getting his visa returned in time.

To say that we’re upset or disappointed doesn’t even begin to cover it. We waited until the last possible moment to address this, but sadly, despite our very best efforts, we now have to face the reality that Adam, Liam, Max, and Toby will not be able to attend the final show.

However, the biggest part of Casey has always been the community that we’ve developed around the band. The people we’ve met along the way, fans and peers, are as much a part of Casey as the 5 people you see on stage. So, with that in mind, we’re incredibly pleased to announce that the final show will go ahead unhindered. Tom will be joined on stage by 4 incredible musicians that we’ve met over the course of our career and are now fortunate enough to call some of our closest friends. Together, with your help of course, they will do their very best to celebrate the end of Casey in spectacular fashion.

We can appreciate that a lot of you will be saddened by this news and believe us when we say that no one is more heart broken than we are as a band. But, as they say, the show must go on. We will do everything within our power to ensure that the night will remain unforgettable and serve as a fitting burial for our love.

You are cordially invited to join Our Joyous Congregation, in loving memory of Casey.

Adam, Liam, Max, Toby, and Tom.”

24. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Signs of life!!

25. Oviedotiger

Regular

Interested and excited in what it might be! I signed up for whatever it is being released in 2 days.