Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cartel Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Will always go to bat for this record, of course there are always gonna be people that don’t like it bc it wasn’t Chroma 2, but the fact that there are people that were turned off by it solely due to the Bubble thing is so annoying haha

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I find wasted to be pretty cringey, tbh. I need to listen to that album again, though. I remember not hating it as much as the majority, but still wasn’t in love with it.

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It’s decent just flat in a lot of spots much akin to lights and sounds, both from a production standpoint and from a lead vocal perspective. Some of my fave tunes def come from that record.

4. I think No Subject is the only song I actually dislike. If You Do, If You Don’t doesn’t really ever reach the peak that it has the potential to, and narrative driven songs like Wasted always kinda rub me the wrong way even if it music bangs. Probably my only qualms with it though

5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

As far as the new album goes...

1. Down Here
    2. Chaos
    3. Blood Red Sky
    4. Permanence
    5. Double Vision

in terms of favorite tracks.

6. Jusscali

If you do, you Don’t is one of my fave cartel songs...wooops

7. sooner518

Regular

Wasted is so cringey. that album has some good songs on it, but the last 5 songs on the album are all slow-paced, plodding songs. theyre not bad, but the tracklist sequencing of that album does them no favors. After "The Fortunate", everything is the same pace.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This TAURIDS EP is really cool, definitely scratches the itch for new Will vocals

earthlight likes this.
  9. Daniel Cura

TheDanielCura.com

Random question: Does anyone know if the Chroma 10 year anniversary vinyl from 2015 includes the original piano version of "Save Us" or the "new album version" with the full band? Hoping to find a vinyl with the piano version if it exists.

10. Not sure. Tried looking on Discogs to see if there were notes on the pressing, but there’s no indication. I did do a hashtag search for #chromavinyl on Instagram and found a person that posted a picture of there’s in 2015 though, lol. If you’re down to DM a total rando over a 5 year old post, I’m sure that’d be one way to get your answer.

11. irthesteve

Oh my God, please dm the rando

neo506 and sonder like this.
  12. Jusscali

Drip drip

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Mr. Serotonin and solxace like this.
  14. irthesteve

sonder, Crisp X, Jusscali and 3 others like this.
  15. Jusscali

Lets gooo

Mr. Serotonin and earthlight like this.
  16. Jusscali

New record too bro - quit fucking around.

17. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Does anybody happen to have a digital version of Collider they could send me? I own the CD but have no devices with a disc drive and you can’t stream it or buy it digitally in the UK. They said they were looking into that months ago on Twitter but no luck, sadly.

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yes. Yes you should.

20. irthesteve

that's so exciting

21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

!!!!!!!!

earthlight and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

My god

earthlight likes this.
  23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

LFG

24. Jusscali

YESSSSSSS

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

hope it's good, I didn't really like their post-Cycles material much at the time.

trevorshmevor likes this.