Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cartel Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

YES. This one is fantastic. I think the song singlehandedly increased my usage of that word by 50% too.

trevorshmevor and GEM37 like this.
  2. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Self-titled is still where it’s at. I love all of their records, but that one in particular has something special about it.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! I love that album

WhosBroden? likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Uninspired is such a damn good song.

5. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

My favorite fun fact about this band is that their name and album titles are all 6 letters long and start with the letter C. Learned that from listening to the interview Will did on Lead Singer Syndrome (which is an awesome podcast and everyone should listen to).

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. The LSS episode he did was awesome and confirmed so many of my theories/suspicions about their whole Band In The Bubble experience

bobby_runs and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I need to go listen to that.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Cartel just popped up in my radio mix and goddamn, Will just has the most angelic voice. Time to dive into their discography!

sawhney[rusted]2 and jorbjorb like this.
  9. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Also! Will is producing NFg’s new “From the Screen to Your Stereo 3”!!

sonder likes this.
  10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Make new music, bro

earthlight and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Collider was so, so awesome. "First Things First" has got to be up there in their catalog.

Has this band pretty much said that Collider was their last record? It has those underlying tones for sure, but I don't remember seeing any sort of official (or unofficial) statement where the band said they were not going to be releasing any other new music.

It would be so great to get a new record out of these guys. I'd love to hear what they would come up with today.

13. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

No word at all gdamnit.

earthlight likes this.
  14. BlackwingE

Trusted

Collider is really good. Listening to Sympathy and Mosaic back-to-back is a great ride.

earthlight likes this.
  15. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Officially wrapped on
    @newfoundglory
    #fromthescreentoyourstereo3 ! It was an enormous pleasure to spend the last 3 weeks with dudes I look up to as much as them. We had a whole mess of fun and I can’t wait for y’all to hear the goodness.

Will Pugh Twitter

Mr. Serotonin and irthesteve like this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I hope Will guests on a track!

17. BlackwingE

Trusted

Listened to Faster Ride today. It's one of my favorite songs ever. But fuck, that mixing is horrible.

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The mixing on that entire album is so....bad. What was happening

19. BlackwingE

Trusted

I know right.. I guess the rest of it doesn't bother me that much since I'm not re-listening to a lot of songs from that album. But I do agree that the entire album sounds bad. But the worst thing about Faster Ride is that horrible vocal track. At least the other songs did that right.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

2009 was a weird time, but nothing else sounds as weird as this record. The mixing was grating to me back then but it’s even worse now. I would be legitimately interested to know what they were shooting for, because i’m sure there was a reason for it or some kind of vibe they were trying to achieve.

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

See Me Now also is up there with Faster Ride for terrible mixing on this record. The guitars even sound bad

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Drums are real egregious on this record.

Thank God Collider sounds as good as it does!

23. It sounds like a really bad radio rip

BlackwingE likes this.
  24. GEM37

She haunts the roads