Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cartel Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I remember really liking the song "American Dream' That they released a while ago.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Collider>Chroma>Cycles>Cartel

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Still think s/t sucks. I know people have come around to it over time, but there's some shit ass songs on that thing

4. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Cartel
    Collider
    Cycles
    Chroma

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Collider is my favorite, barely listened to the others. The drum production on Cycles is iffy.

Favorite song is probably Uninspired. That shit rules.

jorbjorb, AlwaysEvolving21 and GEM37 like this.
  6. Can't speak for anyone else, but I know for me there was never any "coming around". From the second the intro track ripped into Tonight, I was hooked. I definitely don't love every single song on it though. Which songs are the really bad ones in your opinion?

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the first song is definitely a great opener, Lose It is really pure trash in my opinion, I Will Hide Myself / Follow feels like an attempt at something different that I feel falls flat, I don't really remember If You Do, Lonely One or the last track. I like No Subject and The Fortunate, Wasted is cool enough

8. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I never much cared for "Lose It," "Wasted," and "If I Were to Write the Song." I feel bad about that last one, since I think Will has stated before that it's his favorite Cartel song, but... eh.

Still, this album has some absolute rippers, like "Tonight" and "This Is Who We Are." I always liked "I Will Hide Myself Away," and "Get Through This" is sooooooo fucking beautiful in its melancholy!

9. Mr. Serotonin

Wasted was always my most played from that. Love that song.

10. Lose It, No Subject, and Follow are the clear the weak points to me. I actually didn't know the latter wasn't legit called Radioheadish, so I had no idea what you guys meant by that haha.

Love This Is Who We Are, Hide, and Georgia. Wasted is such a jam -- when those horns come in towards the end it really takes the song to the next level.

11. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Still absolutely love the S/T

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Revisited S/T. Tonight, This Who We Are, Georgia, If You Do, If You Don't, and If I Were To Write the Song are listenable. About it for me. The Fortunate....maybe.

13. Fox83

Trusted

I just realized that their acoustic album "Bare Essentials" is on Spotify now. I remember looking it up around a year ago on all the streaming services and it wasn't available then (could be on others now). So, if you've been wanting to listen to it, it's really good.

sonder and GEM37 like this.
  14. BlackwingE

Trusted

Glad to see that people are talking about this band. A new album is long overdue. Faster Ride is still one of my all time favorite songs, too bad the mixing on it is terrible.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

Collider is the shit.

16. BlackwingE

Trusted

Sympathy and Mosaic are the best songs on it.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

My favourites are First Thing First, Thin Air and Uninspired. Really solid front to back though.

GEM37 likes this.
  18. BlackwingE

Trusted

Yes of course. And I think it's their best sounding album. Great mixing combined with Will's vocals being better than ever.

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah this band needs to come back.

21. Mr. Serotonin

Alright, ALRIGHT. I'm gonna listen to those awesome live acoustic renditions of Cartel today.

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this band is really underrated/underappreciated these days. it's been 5 years since their last record, really hope they make a comeback this year

23. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

glad to see some Cartel love on here. also had no idea that Bare Essentials was even a thing so I know what I'll be listening to today!!!

24. Mr. Serotonin

I forgot how much I liked American Dream.

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I was playing a lot of inFAMOUS when I first heard this, which may explain my affinity for the song, but it’s another underrated track on an underrated album from an underrated band.

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.