Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Carrie Underwood Tops the Charts • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 24, 2018.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah Tomatogate, that was it. Thanks for the clarification. That whole thing is quite interesting to follow from afar.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That Caitlyn Smith record is absolutely phenomenal and it crushes me that she likely won’t get radio play. Thanks for your insight on this topic, it’s honestly not something I’m very aware of, being a very casual country listener.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

No problem. Yeah, the Tomatogate guy came back and started tweeting a bunch sometime this summer. It was painful to watch, especially knowing that a lot of the country establishment thinks like he does.

What will probably happen with Caitlyn is what happened to Kacey, Maren Morris, and Cam. She'll end up on a tour with a major pop artist and expand her audience that way. Based on recent events, my money would be on Ed Sheeren:

4. fbrrocks

Trusted

i forgot about cam and i love her and wish she would get more radio play i saw her a few years ago right as the album dropped didn't really know her at the time it was a vevo event and she was great, been a fan since

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I actually have one of cam’s albums on vinyl, having never heard of her before. A coworker gave it to me, it’s signed because apparently she came to my work a year or so before I started haha. I guess I’ll need to finally give that a spin.

I hope Caitlyn can pick up a decent fan base.

6. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

<Me...> My bad...I used to be pretty in-tune with chart positioning and sales from Billboard, but I have had less time to look into sales records for Indie Rock bands. Still, I was expecting at least a Top-20 chart position for Thrice. #27 doesn't meet MY expectations haha

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Cam is such an interesting case, because she had a hit with "Burning House" which doesn't at all sound like what you would expect country radio to play. And then they wouldn't play her follow up singles, which sounded a lot more mainstream.

Conclusion: Cam needs to make a stripped down acoustic folk record.

fbrrocks likes this.