Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty (September 14, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 24, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 28, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

1. "Cry Pretty"
    2. "Ghosts on the Stereo"
    3. "Low"
    4. "Backsliding"
    5. "Southbound"
    6. "That Song We Used to Make Love To"
    7. "Drinking Alone"
    8. "The Bullet"
    9. "Spinning Bottles"
    10. "Love Wins"
    11. "End Up with You"
    12. "Kingdom"
    13. "The Champion" feat. Ludacris (Bonus Track)

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm really going to have to choose to believe Carrie Underwood was inspired by Paramore.

Probably not true, but in my world, it's 100% fact.

3. Clockwork

Regular

This looks like it’s leaning more pop and ballad-heavy than her last album, which is disappointing. Still gonna check it out though

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still can't believe I have tickets to see her 14 months in advance. Songs sound good though, it should be a solid album.

6. Clockwork

Regular

Songs sound good, if not a little bit generic. I'd love if it Love Wins is a pro-marriage equality song, but I'm not sure if she'd be that public about it, even if she personally seems to support it.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Clockwork

Regular

New album is great. After a couple listens it doesn’t feel like there’s really any filler.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

poor Carrie, album is very good but it's so sad what she's been going through

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I like this record. I've always thought she had a great voice, but that her albums were hit in miss in the songs department. This one feels more consistent to me.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

With the arrival at No. 1, Underwood makes country history: she's the first woman to bring four country albums to the top of the all-genre Billboard 200 chart.

Further, Cry Pretty nabs the largest sales week for a country album by a female artist since the Jan. 5, 2013-dated list, when Taylor Swift's Red sold 276,000 copies in its ninth week on the list.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed this the first couple listens but it’s starting to click more for me now. This hits the pop country sweet spot really well, and I’m still in awe of her voice after all this time.

It’s the most I’ve dedicated myself to listening to one of her albums in full since Some Hearts, but that really says more about where I’ve been at musically than anything to do with Carrie. I do have a handful from each album though that I really love.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

https://www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com/mysavior/

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious