Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion (June 24, 2015) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

No doubt my favorite pop release of the last five years. Even the bonus tracks are bops.

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

okay so how good is kiss actually? emotion is the greatest album of all time but ive never heard kiss (outside of call me maybe)

3. alexstolar

Just The Worst

Where was this show?

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

There's some really good stuff on it. Give it a listen for sure. Tonight I'm Getting Over You, Guitar String/Wedding Ring and You're Heart Is A Muscle is a really fantastic trio to end the album with

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

kiss is very good actually

6. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

I fucking love this record. I didn't realize how gay her following was until seeing her last week at Terminal 5 in NYC.. some of them must've been at their first concert, as they were upset about how people generally push the crowd around as they try and squeeze their way forward. There was a fight that almost broke out in my immediate vicinity. At a Carly Bae concert.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Mr. Small's Theatre in Pittsburgh.

8. Tim

I like both Kiss and Tug of War a lot. Obviously Emotion is best, though.

9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I love this album and i can't stop laughing at the carly rae jespen meme thing happening now. think it's the fans way of saying "wow you guys slept on this album and you're missing out" haha

10. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

nice, i actually have a flight tonight so ill check it out then

11. Tim

12. alexstolar

Just The Worst

I was at that show!

13. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Kiss didn't make much of an impression on me, but 'Tonight I'm Getting Over You" is a jam

Tim likes this.
  14. Tim

Nice! Everyone singing "Call Me Maybe" has to be one of the best concert experiences ever. The whole set was amazing and so much fun, the most fun I've had at a show in quite some time.

15. alexstolar

Just The Worst

I have yet to go to a bad show at Mr. Smalls. I was extremely impressed with the energy she brought to the stage.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I really like Kiss. I loved it when it came out but I like emotion so much more so I barely listen to Kiss now

cshadows2887 likes this.
  17. Threads

Regular Prestigious

I'm not into Kiss as a whole like EMOTION but Turn Me Up is probably in my top 3 CRJ songs.

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

Probably the non-single from Kiss I revisit the most. That chorus is so dang infectious.

19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

show me this meme.

20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i know some ppl who prefer kiss to emotion, which i get, that album was kind of a watershed moment among critics i know who love teenpop. "hurt so good" is still prob her best song, and i wish she'd keep performing "tiny little bows"

23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

u made it (i was ryan on ap)

24. Tim

"Tiny Little Bows" is my other favorite non-single from Kiss, though I think "Turn Me Up" beats it most days for me.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to get "Tug of War" in a set someday.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is probably my favourite pop album since Speak Now & Fearless.