Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (May 17, 2019) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Thought I was finally going to get to see THE QUEEN but oh no greedy old white men had to ruin it for me

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'll probably end up going but I couldn't pull the trigger today. I'm also hoping that she'll maybe do Summerfest so I can just catch her for $20

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah i tried to get tickets when they went on sale today, impossible

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Guess I’ll just hope she plays a festival I’m at one day :(

5. Guys! Just come to SLC. It's at a relatively small venue, tickets were easy to get, it's all GA, and I can verify that seeing her there is awesome! (Saw her there on the Emotion tour)

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I was not expecting this to sell as quickly as it did.
    I saw her on the Emotion tour in Rhode Island at a venue where the capacity is 400; I don't even think it was halfway sold.
    Now the House of Blues is sold out. Happy for her! (And my myself for being able to snag a ticket)

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Last time she played New York City it was at a 3,000 capacity venue, and I'm not sure it sold out. If it did it wasn't immediate. This tour she's doing 2 nights at a 4,000 capacity venue and they both were sold out in seconds.

I'm happy for all the success she gets, but this just seems almost fishy lol.

8. Jake W

Attack of the bots

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah the last two times I saw her it didnt sell out this crazy fast, and those were both post-EMOTION

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I honestly feel she's gained a lot of traction in the last couple years. I myself would not have gone to see her right after Emotion came out. I can think of a few people who are interested in this who would not have gone then either. I don't really know how you could fake ticket sales cus at the end of the day either people will be there or not. Even if scalpers are buying them all up, that's no different than any other concert.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i don't think anything untoward happened. i think they overdid the presales (there were like fifteen separate ones over the past four days) and by the time the general sale happened, only idk 4-5 floor tickets were left (and the demand was so high ticketmaster could give certain floor tickets "platinum" status and jack up the price x4 bc they'd get bought anyway)

i think this is evil but prob not fishy exactly

12. Jake W

The gays and the emos love her and the bots took advantage

13. okayibelieveyou

Tam Rogic CSC Prestigious

She should just do a full tour here.

14. Jake W

okayibelieveyou likes this.
  15. Jake W

Coming over for one 800 capacity show is weird

16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Very glad to get reasonably priced floor tickets with no issue

TEGCRocco likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It just dawned on me that all her shows sold out after she got a sword, we may have underestimated that power

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I know this isn't Carly related, but we were ranting about Ticketmaster greed before so I figured I'd share. This morning I got tickets for Sara Bareilles at MSG right when they went on sale.....$95 each before fees for floor seats. Purchased. 2 hours later I decided to check and see how well the show's been selling. Seats in my section are now $115 each, and the lower bowl which was $75 this morning is now $100. Oh and if your seat is an aisle seat they're an extra $10.

Serious scumbags!

20. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

holy hell i love her lol

21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I would pay her to hit me in the face

22. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

That was fucking dope

23. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

So upset I can't see her live, I wanna cry! Why is life so expensive! I know it's typical to say, but damn I hate Adulting sometimes..

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. Only sometimes? I fucking hate adulting. Always.

25. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

New song on Friday?