Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cardi B Tops the Charts • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

real music is only if you go to a mid west cabin in the winter with a lone guitar and suffer for your art

Mary V, ryan.conde, SEMUSIC and 4 others like this.
  2. SFguitar

Regular

Are you too lazy to do a quick google search? This subject feels like it's been beaten to death, there are youtube videos on it.

3. Arry

real music is guitar solos. nothing but guitar solos.

Mary V, ryan.conde, cybele and 7 others like this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

There are also YouTube videos of people claiming the Earth is flat using a plate and water.

Robk, AshlandATeam, Wharf Rat and 5 others like this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

You say Justin Bieber-I say Van Halen
    You say Lil Wayne-I say KISS
    You say Drake-I say Sex Pistols
    You say Soulja Boy-I say Metallica
    You say Cardi B-I say Nickelback
    You say Dj table and electronic-i say guitars and drums
    You say Pop-I scream ROCK
    You say Hannah Montana-i fucking punch you in the face

92% of teenagers have turned to hip hop and Pop.If you are part of the 12% that still listen to real music,copy and paste this message to another 5 threads

6. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

You sound fun let’s hang out

7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

HA! Classic! You deserve every like that's coming your way.

9. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

dear god…

I really enjoy Invasion of Privacy - it’s going to be a great summer album, assuming this endless winter ever lifts. Mostly, I’m stoked to see the success she’s having right now. The fact that the hip hop community has embraced Cardi so much is extremely encouraging. Her success is invaluable for the genre as a whole and for a lot of new artists to come.

Mary V, skogsraet and Wharf Rat like this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Idunno guys. If a guy on YouTube said all pop music is the same, how could he be wrong

AshlandATeam likes this.
  11. AshlandATeam

Trusted

So let's get this straight:

Cardi B is talented, hard working, and popular. But she doesn't deserve her success and is ruining music because it isn't real music, and there's a YouTube video to prove it. This is also the definition of supply and demand.

It's *almost like there's some weird hostility being shown and some arbitrarily unexplainable standard being given to Cardi B that means that no matter what she does, she loses. I can't BEGIN to imagine why such things happen to a person like Cardi B and not other popular artists. Maybe there's a YouTube video I can find for that, too.

Mary V, skogsraet, SuNDaYSTaR and 4 others like this.
  12. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Brb. Watching these videos.

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

bunch of boring dorks in this thread. Cardi rules and the album is great. She's easily earned all of this

SEMUSIC, Arry and tyramail like this.
  14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

WERE ALLLLLLLLLLLL RACIST MISOGYNISTS!!!!! I was waiting for someone to finally figure me out. No success for black woman and black culture*. I WONT STAND FOR IT!

*unless its black culture expressed in a digestible and white package like G Eazy and Eminem. I even like that new christian rapper climbing the charts (he's white right?)

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Real Music is just a subjective phrase people throw around when they want to devalue music they don't like in order to justify their dislike.

See there, I did it.

You're all welcome.

Once again I've come in and saved the day.

Also even if I don't like an artist's music I don't not wish them success. That's just weird. I just don't listen.

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I wish ed sheeran to lose success and clearly it's going great.

17. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Helloelloallo likes this.
  18. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

To reiterate from the Drip Drip thread:

Cardi B > The Wonder Years

Mary V, mercury, CoffeeEyes17 and 3 others like this.
  19. chris

Trusted Supporter

Cardi B > The Beatles

20. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It doesn't have to be both. I've seen plenty of black folks hating her with sexist comments, and plenty of women hating her with poorly veiled racism. You can pick one or the other. But you know, I'd guess that when a black female - someone with one foot in the two most marginalized camps in America - gets this kind of vitriol thrown her way, it isn't an accident.

And the funny thing is, the literal only reason I even know who Cardi B is, is folks saying awful shit about her (usually racist or sexist, and sometimes both). I don't listen to rap - I've not a clue what her music sounds like. But boy oh boy has social media taught me that people hate her. And why.

Of course, I could be wrong. In which case, I look forward to seeing comments about how talented, hard working musicians don't deserve success and are ruining music in every thread. Because if this were JUST about music people didn't like, I'd expect to see it everywhere.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  21. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

You'll see me next week when some bro/frat country nonsense or flavor of the month hip hop artist I dislike hits number one. Though I may be pleasantly surprised and enjoy seeing Sting/Shaggy or a Perfect circle reach number one. I'm also glad I just looked up what's releasing next week because Sting/Shaggy?!?!? WUT! (I'm listening now and while as interesting as I expected, it's actually pretty damn good). It also makes sense that Shaggy was in Game Over Man after nobody hearing about him for years.

22. Pooch

Regular

Cardi Beatles

Wharf Rat likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Damn Cardi's getting a lot of hate for dropping a potential AOTY!

Wharf Rat likes this.
  24. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

#NOTMYAOTY

25. Arry

Helloelloallo likes this.