Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cardi B Tops the Charts • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

If you don't get how there's a lot of people that don't like rap music, and especially what popular rap has become, then that's that the real mystery, not how someone couldn't root for Cardi B. Nice person & hardworking, doesn't equal the right to be successful. I don't listen to music because the person kills it in interviews. It can help if I already enjoy what they do, but it's not going to suddenly make their crap music sound better to my ears. If their music is unappealing, I hope their time in the limelight is as short as possible. Like I said in earlier posts, if you recognize what sells, and you create that, then you deserve the success but that doesn't mean I have to sit here and contribute to it.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean if you don't like Bodak Yellow you just don't have very good taste, that's all

ryan.conde, St. Nate and atticusfinch like this.
  3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Considering she had the top album, I don’t think you not contributing is hurting her any. Just because you find something unappealing doesn’t make it objectively so, it’s kinda shitty to wish someone a short career just because you don’t like their music.

Mary V, SEMUSIC, skogsraet and 2 others like this.
  4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

“The right to be successful” is an...interesting phrase.

Mary V, ryan.conde, skogsraet and 5 others like this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

You gotta fight for your right...to be successful? That just doesn't have the same ring to it.

All jokes aside, I'm generally stoked for her success. Not a fan of her music at all, but she's working hard and putting on a better show than most artists in the same genre nowadays. Combine that with an affable personality, and it's hard not to root for her.

Mary V and Zilla like this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

imagine being this much of a dumbass shitty person lmao

8. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

damn man, people hate fun sometimes.

9. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

You may not agree with their opinion, but SFGuitars logic is actually flawless which makes them far from a dumbass. If people like shit, and people buy shit, those that produce shit, will make more shit (sometimes with a fresh scent) for the shit purchasers to purchase so they can get rich off of selling shit. (Note that shit can be replaced with anything people sell, it's not intended to be solely used as meaning literal shit in a derogatory manner, just so there's no confusion). It's just basic supply and demand bro.

He may still be shitty for not understanding the diversity in opinion that exists in our world and judging you all so harshly, but his logic is spot on. If he hates what's popular, you all get a head shake for making it popular and continuing to keep it popular.

10. Wharf Rat

wow, he figured out that things are popular because people like them. what a genius. thank god for his contribution, otherwise I would've never known

ryan.conde, SEMUSIC, Jake W and 3 others like this.
  11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

you just don't know real music man~~~

12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I agree. Additional context is that in the music world, I don't agree with saying someone deserves to be successful if they work hard. You can work as hard as you want, but you still have to produce a good product. I wouldn't keep my job by working 70 hours a week and being nice to people. I also have to provide results. (This is no longer directed at Cardi B, just thoughts in general). Working hard and being nice helps, but only in addition to talent, its not a recipe for success on its own.

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Nah, he’s dumb for being condescending and reductive. Mainstream music has a variety of sounds outside of Cardi B. If her success is what he considers the downfall of modern music, then he’s clearly got his head in the sand.

ryan.conde and Helloelloallo like this.
  14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

You are 100% correct and I have absolutely no counter point if you consider Cardi B real music and consider not liking Cardi B, not knowing real music. This is a fact that we can equivocally and forever agree upon.

15. Wharf Rat

please define "real music"

SEMUSIC and Robk like this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Nobody even said not liking Cardi isn't knowing "real" music. Its fine not to like Cardi. The issue is never disliking someone's music it's the dismissive and pretentious attitude surrounding the dismissal of the music and the enjoyment ppl get from it

Mary V, ryan.conde, Robk and 4 others like this.
  17. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, I was totally blown away by how flawless that one sentence he wrote was.

18. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

is it that hard to not like an artist without proclaiming that anyone anywhere who likes them is ruining music or whatever tho??? like goddamn people have different taste because people are all different it's really not that hard lmao. if you don't like it, don't listen to it & don't support it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

Mary V, ryan.conde, cybele and 6 others like this.
  19. Wharf Rat

ya obviously u dont have to like cardi but coming and tut-tutting about how people liking her is ruining popular music is total bullshit lol

20. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

It's not my term to define.

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

How does one have flawless logic regarding a word that one cannot define? The world is a mystery.

22. Helloelloallo Apr 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2018)
    Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

WUT.

The first person to say real music was Arry. The person I quoted as flawless was me just being sarcastic to Wharf Rat as he swooped in saying he was a dumbass and a real shitty person which I felt was a bit harsh considering it had been a relatively (for chorus.fm standards) civil thread.

If you want to know what real music is, ask Arry.

23. SFguitar

Regular

Stop acting like you're more intelligent than you actually are. It's been proven that MOST mainstream music is the same recycled shit, written by the same songwriters, over and over.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Prove it.