Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 24, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Better get tickets quick, they're blowing the fuck up, haha.

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Oddly enough, tickets aren't even on sale. Unless, fuck, they already went on sale and sold out. Fuck.

EDIT: NOPE, GOOD, FOUND AND BOUGHT. *wipes brow*

cwhit likes this.
  3. cwhit

Have fun! They put on an absolute killer show right now

4. cwhit

cosmic hero has probably become my second favorite after drunk drivers, i love the melody so much

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

wait, haha so its nott aubrey plaza at the beginning>

6. cwhit

no it's a friend of mine from school, our former music director, lol

7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

First time I saw them was at a KEXP event and the crowd/atmosphere was lame and now the next time they're playing the Capitol Hill Block Party which is notoriously the worst and the lineup is only alright this year anyway. :(
    Capitol Hill Block Party LINEUP

8. Cody

Everything about "Drugs with Friends" is killing me right now. Such a stellar tune, and this line made me laugh out loud today:

"Last Friday I took acid and mushrooms

I did not transcend
    I felt like a walking piece of shit

In a stupid looking jacket"

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I'll probably still be listening to this a couple of years from now.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I was just listening to Killer Whales and 1937. Been a couple weeks since I've listened in full, so I've got to do that soon. I love these songs.

11. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The only two I don't absolutely love are the last two.

I wish I could convince friends to listen to this.

12. Cody

I love everything about this record.

Seeing them live next month too, but I only know Teens of Denial at this point. What else is essential listening that I should get familiar with before the show?

13. cwhit

generally they're playing mostly teens of denial tracks but a varying string of deep tracks. i've really only listened to the two teens of records (teens of style is a bunch of rerecordings of old stuff but he doesn't necessarily just pull from those live), i know people love twin fantasy and how to leave home as well.

Cody Nelson likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

it took me awhile but man i love this now

15. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

This album is great. Reminds me of the Weakerthans, Built To Spill, and The Long Winters each at different points. But with a guy who sounds similar to the Strokes' singer on the mic.

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I think he sounds exactly like beck

17. justanothersnakekvlt

Man, "Drugs with Friends" sounds so, so much like Pavement.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is okay so far

19. cwhit

give it some time. people liked it a lot first listen but i think this record has come into its own with a lot of people with repeated listens and some time

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  20. justanothersnakekvlt

I wish I could make out the spoken part in "Not What I Needed." I know part of it is an explanation of the name of the band, but I can't get the rest.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The middle of the record picks up, definitely. I'll listen again

22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Even after my positive first listen, I never would've guessed I'd come to love it as much as I now do. I think it's the best record of its kind that I've heard in years.

23. cwhit

i had a biased first listen because of the personal connection, but it's grown on me so much more since then. has only gotten better and better for me. can't wait to see them another two times this summer

24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this def took me multiple listens but now I can't turn it off

25. cwhit

these people made up the old car seat headrest band when he lived here, actually played a bunch of naked days stuff when he played the station show (which i didn't realize at the time, haha. he only sang about half of his stuff and i have no clue what songs they were, weird performance). they also opened for him at the DC show. was real nice when everyone came out on stage to play a song with them