Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 24, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Teens of Style is a rerecorded compilation of old music. So you sort of get a mix of records in that. The recordings of the old stuff are far worse, he did most of it by himself in a bedroom so you get a worse sounding recordings. I just don't bother with it at this point: i'm sure there's some good songs in there, but it's too intimidating to weed through so much material

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

How to Leave Town is fucking amazing

3. cwhit

okay i'm finally real into this

4. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

This album fuckin rules.

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I feel like I spent most of my day listening to this album all the way through, haha. Still, I'm impressed. It's obviously really dense and will take some time to digest. Reminds me a lot of The Monitor.

6. domenic

not as good as teens of style, but not disappointing. ends stronger than it starts imo.

7. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Can we just discuss how bloody fantastic The Ballad of the Costa Concordia is? Jesus. Wow.

8. cwhit

9. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

yeah jesus. hopefully the new version of Not Just What I Needed is just as good?

10. cwhit

he says it's half a minute longer and he likes it more, so...haha

11. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

That's crazy. I was just wondering yesterday if that was something they needed permission for.

12. cwhit

can't wait to see the reviews pop in the next week, ready for the buzz to blast off for this

13. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

That's lame about the sample. Just lucky he's on a label large enough to afford the expense of pulping all those records.

14. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

hey this is still amazing

15. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

This might be my favorite album so far this year.

cwhit likes this.
  16. cwhit

glad i got my friends to listen!!!
    this has grown on me a ton, can't imagine this doing anything else but grow more. such a dense record

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Subbing to check this out

18. cwhit

I don't like this new version of just what I needed as much

19. cwhit

and there's that unsurprising bnm

20. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

First listen and im 3 songs in. So far this hasnt grabbed me like Teens of Style but its still pretty good

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Man i like some of this but its just not connecting. The lyrics and vocals actually turn me off instead of drawing me on. Oh well. My favorite songs were Vincent and Ballad of Costa Concordia

22. cwhit

is anyone going to the NYC show? i need you to take a video of my friend introducing him like she did on the album

23. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

I've only made it halfway through so far, but I love what I've heard so far. Hippies is such a great song.

24. radiodead

Trusted

Drunk drivers/killers whales is one of the best songs of the year for sure.

When I hear Killer Whales in a song I still always think of "Banging Camp" by The Hold Steady

25. barkjon

gold star for robot boy Prestigious

haven't yet listened to this in full, but "vincent" and "drunk drivers" are already two of the best songs of the year. i have been listening to loads of csh lately though - how to leave town and twin fantasy are killer records