Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Car Seat Headrest’s Album Recalled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 13, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Car Seat Headrest has been forced to recall their new album Teens of Denial after it was found to carry an unauthorized sample from Ric Ocasek. Lars Brandle, writing for Billboard:

According to a statement issued by Matador, a license for the contentious song (“Just What I Wanted/Not Just What I Needed”) had been negotiated “in good faith months ago, only to be told last week that the publisher involved was not authorized to complete the license in the United States, and that Ric Ocasek preferred that his work not be included in the song.” Ocasek, who has also served as a record producer and worked in major label A&R teams, has yet to comment on the matter.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

At first glance I literally thought this should have been posted in the General Forum in a thread for vehicles.

therookielot, Bayside 182 and js977 like this.
  3. lava890

Regular Supporter

Saw this coming last week when the airbags got recalled.

Bayside 182 and collin512 like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this bums me out so much. definitely curbs a little of the momentum, hopefully the extra press from this helps that out

5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

is this happenstance or like dramatic irony or like what phrase/word do we use here? stranger than fiction? life imitating art?