Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain, We're Sinking - The King Of No Man (June 23, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 9, 2017.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd put Bobby ahead of Tom or Greg who I'd put about on par with each other and Leo below them all.

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Greg and Bobby above Leo and Tom

Annina, Brother, and Montreal are the easy favs for me

cubsml34 likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

A little of both. I'd say it's somewhere in between. A couple songs on here are more...high energy...than anything on tfic, but I would say those are prob outliers
    I meant to text you but I got called in to work!
    Leo has improved a lot and there's a lotta moments on here I can't tell em apart

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh that's super cool. Other than Montreal, Anina, and Brothers I felt like their songwriting was on par, so I wonder what this might sound like. It's great when you get an advance because you're always so specific haha. Your change in avi has me even more excited about it

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Zac just informed me he hated it in a private FB message i have the receipts

But for real just put in my request for an advance to write a review for sputnik so hopefully they get back to me Zacs got me hyped up so either way i cant wait to hear it

6. Leftandleaving

I've never felt Leo was significantly worse than bobby either, but he's doing a lot more as a vocalist on this record than he did on the last. I think people will be surprised by this album, haha. I sure was

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Sweet! I loved your all get out Sputnik review

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

thank you my friend, i still cant believe AGO posted about it

teebs41 likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea Nathan is a great guy! Really appreciates his fans

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Also the review was well written and really captured what the record was saying.

11. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

They're shooting a music video at the Brooklyn show this weekend, I hope I get to hear some new songs

sean_rugy likes this.
  12. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Don't want to hype too hard yet but can confirm this is great. I'll hopefully be speaking with them next week.

sean_rugy likes this.
  13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this became my most anticipated over night

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I am loving this song more and more with each listen.

Fletchaaa likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Annina is the best song ever

crunchprank and Zac Djamoos like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I think, listening again, smash 2 is the closest thing on here to tfic, and even still it's a little bit different. It's less weird than I made it out to be to begin with, and I think, as I said, tfic is really the outlier in their discography, as this seems like a sort of callback to the it's a trap and joe Riley eps

MFA and teebs41 like this.
  17. Sybil

Regular

18. Leftandleaving

Tfic is a lot more polished than this one, I'd say. This is rougher and has a lot more going on and feels more like their early eps to me

I would say if you liked you have flaws, this album is most similar to that song from the last album with how much is going on at one time throughout that song

19. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Personally this is great news as that was one of my favourite songs off that record

Funnily enough that song was actually a B-side off the Joe Riley EP and they decided to put it on TFIC

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  20. Leftandleaving

I didn't know that but that makes a lot of sense haha

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

New song rips

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Excited for this. I got into them a little late, but I've been listening to them a lot at the start of this year.

23. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

@Zac Djamoos Curious since you have a copy, do the liner notes mention who wrote Trying Year? I know Bobby is singing, but it doesn't seem like his kind of lyrics to me.

Edit: To clarify, song is still a jam. Can't stop listening.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I don't have the liner notes haha. I would assume it's him - I do agree that the lyrics read really differently from his usual, but a lot of this album reads different from the lyrics on tfic, so I didn't think much of it

crunchprank likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Arnt most advanced just a stream nowadays?