Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain, We're Sinking - The King Of No Man (June 23, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 9, 2017.

1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Saw this on my feed this morning on FB, didn't even know I liked their page lol. Super excited for this one, I forgot this band even existed. A Bitter Divorce has one of my favorite lines of any song, ever.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

A Bitter Divorce is the beeeeest.

3. This is really good

teebs41 likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea!!!!! Love these posts haha. Any insight to how it compares to the last record?

5. It's a nice step up - some early favorites are The Future Is Cancelled Pt. 2, Crow (Little Wounds), Don't Show Bill, Smash 2, and the title track

MFA and teebs41 like this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is definitely really different from tfic. I feel like it's closer to their earlier stuff, but more polished. And, overall, less fast punk stuff. More weird indie elements thrown in. Cannonless into smash 2 is my favorite part so far, but I'm only about halfway through

CoffeeEyes17, EmmanuelSCastle and MFA like this.
  7. Leftandleaving

Okay, see, I spoke too soon, because hunting trip is the best song I've ever heard

8. Leftandleaving

Lot more leo on here than tfic too

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

super jealous of the both of you

Fletchaaa likes this.
  10. SpyKi

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

KidLightning and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  12. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

:"""""")))

13. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i love that song so much

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Been waiting for this for so long. New song is such a jam, I am loving it. Doesn't hit as hard as most of their stuff, but makes up for it by having a really fun vibe with it. I pre-ordered the yellow variant and grabbed a shirt as well. Unfortunately they didn't have a bundle for the yellow so I had to grab the shirt separately. No big deal though, I just can't wait to have this album in my hands after all these years!

And as much as I love A Bitter Divorce, I feel like that's the only song this band ever gets recognized for. Their entire previous album was solid from start to finish - every song as good as the others. If any of you haven't listened to the entire album, I highly highly recommend it. Also Let's Play Kill The Humans which is my favorite track of their discography and is a b-side on the Montreal single.

15. SpyKi

Adultery is also a phenomenal song. Montreal and Lake as well.

16. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Picked up the TFIC/New album bundle, excited to own both on vinyl. I was kind of into TFIC when I saw it on the EOTY list, but over the last year I've fallen in love with it. Perfect timing too haha

crunchprank likes this.
  17. I never heard of this band, but that song sounds cool.

18. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

19. SpyKi

It's fine. I don't have very strong feelings about any of his songs.

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

adultery and montreal are def my favs from the last one

Drew Beringer and SpyKi like this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

More Leo is good hes just as strong a songwriter as bobby imo

how funny is it that both the barnett brothers have bands where they share vocal duties and theyre both generally the favorite vocalist lol

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually was thinking of this yesterday, I love both bands too

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think it's weird when talking about this band bc Bobby and Leo are p similar vocally and their songwriting ability is way closer together than that of Greg and Tom. I love all of them tho

teebs41 likes this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'd disagree I think all 4 are pretty exceptional but that's neither here nor there

The real issue is @Zac Djamoos got an advance of this and hasn't FB messaged me about it

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

listened to the song a lot for an article i wrote, curious if they stayed more in this mid tempo emo realm or head back to the more punky energy of the last one