Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Marvel (Boden/Fleck, March 8, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm skeptical that they'll go full flerken cat, but man, I'd sure love that.

Shakriel and St. Nate like this.
  2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Coulson was my favourite bit. Lookin' good, Phil!

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Even just watching this on my phone at work I loved what I saw.

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Looks good so far! Wonder how this will have its own distinct personality, some of the dialogue seemed a little clunky but visuals look great so far

5. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Ooooooh I can't wait for March 8th. This is up there for my most anticipated in all of MCU.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  6. Looks good. I'm a little confused by the origin story, but I'm excited nonetheless.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed, Zilla and AndrewSoup like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'm in

9. currytheword

Trusted

Can't decide if i'm more looking forward to this or Aquaman.

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i need a gif of Brie punching that old lady/possible Skrull on repeat, lmao

i'm so fucking hyped for this. i'm interested to see where they go with this whole "memories" angle, if we're gonna see Carol regaining her memories that she lost, perhaps?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Keep forgetting Boden and Fleck did this. Whoot Whoot.

13. The internet is bad.

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Why choose? Why not both? Definitely this, though, with all due respect to Mera & Black Manta.
    Kelly Sue DeConnick wrote an arc with a lingering threat of some kinda memory-wrecking aneurysm, I think connected to using her powers. (Gotta revisit it.) Ultimately, it strikes, but then an adorable little kid who's her friend & biggest fan helps her get her mind right. Don't think the actual recovery took that much space.

I'm sure this won't be anything like that story, but it feels like that probably helped inspire this angle. Seems like an attempt to skip the origin & hit the ground running w/ a powered Carol, while still giving her an arc of self-discovery instead of an origin info dump. Could be cool, but it's also my biggest concern. I don't want them to trade starting w/out powers with starting w/out personality. Hopefully she still feels fully Carol all along.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Shit, I didn't know I was only 3 years away from middle age

But anyways, cool trailer, definitely excited for this! That was certainly an interesting and hilarious choice to give zero context when she punches the old lady, considering that most people watching this trailer won't know anything about skrulls lol

Davjs and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  16. ship90

Trusted

I think this looks awesome. I wonder what films in theaters it’s supposed to play in front of since there’s not really much out right now?

17. concept art

18. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I wonder if this payphone has anything to do with a certain pager

justin. and Jason Tate like this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

20. GBlades

Trusted

One of the pop figures contains a massive spoiler for a certain character, so be aware! Not in the link above but there's one somewhere...

ghostedaway likes this.
  21. ghostxvapor

Trusted

22. ship90

Trusted

That poster is sick.

ghostxvapor likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Kinda liked the first trailer more tbh. The final shot of her flying through space was pretty neat.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

ghostxvapor likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It popped on during the game and I got so irrationally excited.