Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Marvel (Boden/Fleck, March 8, 2019) Movie • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Oh I know, I can't argue any of that. It's a business and even if it's a cash grab, they will do that over another movie that is prime for a sequel.

2. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Am I alone in thinking that Toy Story is not great outside of the animation aspect of it?

I think the only one that impacted me in any way was TS3 because I was going away to college the summer it came out.

Like they’re good but not something I need to see again. Maybe I’m just weird haha

3. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I do not enjoy the second one at all. But do love the other two.

Zach likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the Toy Story movies, but I don't think they're some insanely great trilogy or in some kind of elite tier or anything.

smoke4thecaper and Zach like this.
  5. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Alright good so I’m not just a monster haha

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say that WALL·E is a more impressive and meaningful animated film than any of them by a mile.

coleslawed and Zach like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ariana had a big WALLE bit playing on the screen during one of her songs last night and it made me smile so big. I forget how much I love that movie sometimes.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I need to watch it again. I think it takes a big step down when it goes the "typical" goofy animated look and vibe when they're on the spaceship with all the people floating around and making fat jokes. But the first 1/3, all the HAL9000 stuff, and the last parts back on earth with WALL·E and EVE are just incredible. I remember being 21 or 22 and tearing up quite a bit at the end when he comes back to life but doesn't remember her. Oof

9. Davjs

Trusted

whoa what the hell happened in here? All 3 Toy Storys are amazing and it is up there with the best trilogies of all time. Don't go around thinking you aren't monsters now.

10. Davjs

Trusted

Also Wall-E is classic and doesn't get enough love for sure.

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

it's sad the only sequel we got was a level in kingdom hearts 3. THAT ISN"T ENOUGH.

12. Davjs

Trusted

Those games aren't for me but I did YouTube those scenes and the Toy Story scenes haha.

I really hope we get more Big Hero 6 down the line for sure.

13. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Is there/wasn't there a BH6 TV series?

14. Davjs

Trusted

1 Season so far, not sure if they are picking it up for another.

I liked the characters enough that it was enjoyable but I didn't find it near as quality as the movie.

quietwords likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

yeah it was 1 season but it was pretty eh and also it wasn’t super canon to the movie since they made some changes.

They said they were making a new comic version to continue the story but it’s been delayed a bunch.

Davjs likes this.
  16. I thought this was fine. Kind of share the same problems I have with most Marvel movies at times, on the other hand it had some refreshing aspects that might make it even more enjoyable on subsequent rewatches. The more introspective moments like the scenes with Rambeau and the Skrulls twist, and the way the final fight was handled were the highlights for me. Would definitely end up in my top 5 so far, though there are a few movies I've missed (Thor, Thor Ragnarok, Avengers, Captain America 2, Doctor Strange, Ant Man 2).

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

Winter Soldier is considered, arguably, the best MCU movie so far. Ragnarok is a Waititi-fest of comedic genius also.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I personally liked Ragnarok and Guardians 1 more than Winter Soldier tbh. Been awhile since I've seen it though, I'm overdue for a rewatch

Ragnarok was so much fun and the humor was fantastic. Visually stunning and can never complain about having Jeff Goldblum in a movie

Petit nain des Îles and ChaseTx like this.
  19. Both are next on my list. I made the mistake of seeing Civil War first at the time, and of course I felt lost lol. With less than one month left, I guess I probably still have time to try a chronological run. I might have to skip the more recent ones that are still fresh in my mind, and the few I didn't like at all.

Davjs and GBlades like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Winter Soldier is incredible

21. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

TWS is good and I should definitely rewatch it soon but no way I like a Captain America movie more than Ragnarok or GOTG

Oh and the Pixar movie I think it's overrated is The Incredibles. It's fine

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. [​IMG]

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

used to feel this way too but rewatching The Winter Soldier convinced me, purely from a filmmaking standpoint it's the best even if GOTG/Ragnarok are bolder and more distinct

24. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah there are a LOT of movies if you are going to do an Infinity Saga rewatch. Civil War will feel much richer when you watch Winter Soldier. I'm just happy that the calibre of movies gets higher every phase!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Winter Soldier is good, but I personally wouldn't put it in my top tier of Marvel films, which currently consists of Guardians 1 & 2, Thor: Ragnarok, & Black Panther. It'd definitely be in my second tier, though, alongside Iron Man, Avengers, Iron Man 3, & Civil War.

ChaseTx and Rowan5215 like this.