Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Marvel (Boden/Fleck, March 8, 2019) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The first Thor is much much worse than The Dark World.

2. This was great!

Has anyone made a Ben Hargreeves + Puss in Boots meme yet?

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I thought this movie was good. All of the cast did an amazing job. The only downsides are that the middle tended to fell slow and Carol could have been written better.

I’m excited to see what the Russos do with her.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

No waaaay. Theyre both low tier but i think TDW is the worst one theyve done aside from maybe IM3.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I rewatched Thor 1 a few months back and it was pretty fun. Low tier for sure. I don't remember TDW

IM3 is great

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I personally think the Hulk film is better than Thor one. The only portion of Thor one I like is the Loki fight at the end.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

We need a 'worst MCU movie' poll lol

#TDW

Davjs likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The Dark World by far.
    Iron Man 2 isn’t good but it gave us a larger universe with an actual Nick Fury scene, War Machine in action, and Black Widow.

The Dark World sucks and didn’t contribute anything to the universe except the reality stone if that counts.

JimmyIymmiJ, Davjs and slimfenix182 like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I really don't remember the Hulk movie. I wonder if it even still fits into the franchise, being just the 2nd entry, and with the recasting and everything

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I rewatched it recently and it was only the second time I’ve watched it since it was in cinemas. Edward Norton is surprisingly still a good Banner and the Brazil scenes are good. Having Ross in it and mentioning the super solider program are the only things that connect it to the MCU for me.

Jdaniels and ChaseTx like this.
  11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Thor 1 is hard for me to watch because the Thor in that movie is nothing like the Thor we see in today's movies. The original Thor is a bit... boring. He starts to develop some character around Avengers 1, but I think most of us would agree that he doesn't become a truly fun character until Ultron.

The Dark World isn't much better than Thor 1, even though Thor as a character is a little more interesting. The issue is that the story is just so boring. There's a dearth of chemistry between Thor and Jane, and the dark elf storyline weak at best.

12. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I cannot fathom putting IM3 in the same tier as Dark World

smoke4thecaper and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

In Thor one, everything is bad except for Loki. The set design for the town is horrible, the action sequence against the robot is laughable, Thor is boring and intolerable and the love story is beyond forced.

At least in Thor: The Dark World they tried. I'm not saying it's a good movie, it's just better. Thor has a personality besides being a one dimensional fountain of arrogance, the action sequences were much better and the plot and relationships, while a mess, at least tried to have actual heart behind them.

In order of worst movies:

1. Thor
    2. Iron Man 2 (sorry, but that movie is horrible)
    3. The Incredible Hulk
    4. Thor: The Dark World
    5. Age of Ultron

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. flask

Trusted Supporter

I remember seeing Thor at the arclight in Hollywood and it was unbearably loud. My ears were actually ringing after the movie. Every time the robot fired its laser I could hear the speakers crackling.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

At least that left an impression, am I right?

flask likes this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I give the first Thor a bit of credit if only for this scene. Hiddleston kills it. Otherwise, yeesh...

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Tom is so fucking good. Oof.

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I actually saw the first two Thor movies within the last year and while they were pretty bad, I was still entertained throughout. I enjoyed them. Can't say the same for Captain America 1 and IM3 which were full of slow, dull moments

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

It's interesting how many people don't enjoy the first Captain America movie. For me, there's no scene that establishes a character better than Steve jumping on top of the grenade during the military training. It says everything there is to know about who Captain America is.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Y'all, we just had the "Tim defends the awesome, criminally under appreciated IM3" cycle like two weeks ago. At least wait until Endgame comes out before rehashing this again!

As for Cap 1, it has its problems, but I've grown to love how shamelessly Golden Age comic book fun it gets. The perfect mix of camp and sincerity. If Cap dies in Endgame, then after he's been gone for a while but before they're willing to resurrect him, they should make a new Howling Commandos film set during that montage, maybe w/ Logan and/or Namor thrown in. Or maybe even add the Torch & make it an Invaders film.

21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Cap 1 is fine until they get to the actual part where he's Cap during the war. It's just a boring montage with a terrible villain at that point.

TEGCRocco, Greg and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The music in Cap 1 is p good

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thiiis.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I can def agree age of ultron is top 5 worst.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Age of Ultron is packed full of so much goodness. If that movie is considered bad, it shows how spoiled we are with comic book movies these days.

RyanPm40 likes this.