Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Cuts Working with Blink-182?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

bradsonemanband and jorbjorb like this.
  2. AMC

Regular

Didn't realize one of the guys from this production group is the drummer of grouplove. Wow. Had no clue

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. red8ge

Regular

wish it was someone like will yip

russvanderhoof and Dan O'Neill like this.
  4. Hmm, I'm of the opposite opinion. There's nothing I want less than Will Yip recording Travis Barker on drums.

5. red8ge

Regular

care to elaborate? don't think i've had issue with his drum stuff

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  6. I've written a lot about what I don't like about what's often found in his production style over the years, but the short version is I think he makes drums sound like tin cans and powerless.

7. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Huh, TIL that Captain Cuts is more than just a couple of DJ's. I'm pretty sure I saw them open for Fun. a while back.

Brent likes this.
  8. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Fuck this shit, can we get another scene emo/trash pop mash up tape? All the ones they've made have been more interesting than the bands they sample have been in a decade.

9. Joseph Pepe

VERY stoked on this news, I saw this as well on the Captain Cuts feed.

10. Stevie

Regular

Devastating. Was really hoping they’d go for someone less associated with pop/radio ready and more on the alternative side like Bill Stephenson, Howard Benson, Neil Avron...

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

But they're a pop band?

12. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Pop production for a pop group would just be normal....

13. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Now blink in the studio with Bill Stephenson would be way better than yip or Feldman

hongfong00 likes this.
  14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Said for years Id love to see them with Bill Stephenson, or, it's a little out of the box, but Brian McTernan.

15. jeff.dart

Regular

Sweet, I loved the work they did on the smallpools album. Hopeful it turns out to be something pretty interesting sounding.

16. Stevie

Regular

Yeah would be totally weird for a band of who one of their main influences are The Descendents to record with Stephenson

17. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Give me Blink with Steve Albini or fuck off...