Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Captain Cuts - The Life Of Emo (December 1, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon, Dec 5, 2016.

1. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Just discovered this on SoundCloud. It's available for free download, and features mashups from many bands we all care about. Give it a listen!

TRACKLIST
    1. "This Is Your Captain Speaking" (0:00)
    2. "Taste Of San Holo" — The Used x San Holo + Dr Dre (0:24)
    3. "Feeling U There" — Blink 182 x Jack U (2:02)
    4. "MakeDamnPanda" — Taking Back Sunday x Desiigner x Rae Sremmurd x Billboard x Martin Garrix + Bebe Rexha (4:21)
    5. "We Rise Fr The Mmrs" — Fall Out Boy x San Holo (7:34)
    6. "Basket Quartzz" — Green Day x KRNE (9:20)
    7. "Best Of Gold Centuries" — The Starting Line x Kiiara x Fall Out Boy x Lido (10:58)
    8. "Starboy Transit Gloria" — Brand New x The Weeknd x Krewella (12:17)
    9. "I Write Divinity" — Panic At The Disco x Jai Wolf x Porter Robinson x Jay Z (13:50)
    10. "What's My Closer Again?" — Blink 182 x The Chainsmokers + Justin Caruso x K?D + Daft Punk (16:23)
    11. "Home On Ocean Avenue" — Yellowcard x Madeon (18:18)
    12. "Ain't Love Like Roses In Hell?" — All American Rejects x The Chainsmokers x Grey + Hailee Steinfeld + Zedd x Paramore x Captain Cuts (20:27)
    13. "My Own Worst Alarm In The Hills" — Lit x Matoma x The Weeknd (22:19)
    14. "In Too Seeb" — Sum 41 x Coldplay + Seeb (24:11)
    15. "So Long And Greenlight" — My Chemical Romance x Pitbull + Lunchmoney Lewis x The Chainsmokers + The Him x The Beatles (25:22)

2. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

They've got another mashup called If You're Listening It's Never Too Late. These are the same guys who do Emo Nite in LA and helped co-write Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon. Their stuff is okay, it's essentially built for frat party esque pre-gaming, and it accomplishes that pretty well I guess. Still pretty salty these guys tried trademarking the idea for Emo Nite when DJ's in Philly and New York have been doing it years before them and word on the street is they're kind of douchey people.

If you're looking for more stuff in this vein, Doctor Brixx, has a cool hour-long mashup that mashes together a bunch of pop punk / post-hardcore / metalcore / pop rock songs from early 2000's to now using a bunch of stems from Guitar Hero and Rock band tracks etc.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

They're always the best set of Emo Nite, certainly excited to hear this project

4. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Definitely feeling 3, 4, and 8 the most. Wish 8 was longer.

5. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

The Doctor Brixx altrock mix is awesome. I'd probably just rather listen to the real songs then those disco mash ups.

6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I kind of view them as basically fun things to listen to once or to put on for a party / pregame where you want to play your kind of music but not kill the vibe. Live sets like this can be fun but more often than just hearing these on record is kind of just boring.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This was amazing