Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Candyman (Nia DaCosta, August 27, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by blast0rama, Feb 25, 2020.

1. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Produced and co-written by Jordan Peele, directed by Nia DaCosta, this new Candyman is a sequel to the 1992 original.

Trailer hits Thursday.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Stoked to see where they filmed in Chicago.

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Poster rules. Stoked for this.

4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Contender and thedrudo like this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Great cast and the trailer is definitely following the “Us” playbook of having a brassy, echoey version of a pop song as its soundtrack. Don’t know if I’m completely sold on the movie though.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

In for everything Peele does, in for everything Yahya does

7. Kuri44

Idk how I feel based off that trailer, but I’m still definitely gonna see this. I saw a comment where someone was saying they think it’ll be similar to NOES 2, where candyman will use Yahya’s characters body as a vehicle back into this world. Here’s the comment: “ I'm getting some strong A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge vibes from the trailer. Seems like Candyman is trying to use the artist's body as a vehicle back into our world. As more people fall victim to Candyman he gets stronger and begins to manifest himself physically through the artist. We'll probably see Tony Todd through flashback scenes and in the artist's reflection. I'm interested to know if they'll retell the whole story of Daniel Robitalle or just jump right in like a true sequel.” That’s a pretty good possible prediction imo

Also, that scene in the girls bathroom looks like it’ll be badass

chewbacca110 likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Like I said in the horror thread. I never found the original scary as a kid and this trailer doesn’t change my mind.

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cool

10. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah this looks fucking awesome!

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

damn, just saw the trailer on the big screen, that kicked ass

thedrudo and blast0rama like this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still feel very torn about this being remade. I trust everyone involved and there was a lot I liked in the trailer, but the original is so iconic and timeless and endlessly unsettling that I don’t know if I need this. The best part of the trailer for me was hearing the writing on the wall/be my victim speech again, but that just sort of makes me want to rewatch the original. I might end up going to this but I don’t think it will be an opening night situation.

13. I was under the impression that this is technically a sequel, if I'm not mistaken? Kinda in the same way they came out with Halloween recently.

Anyway, I'm excited for this. I was always a huge fan of the original first one and I hope we see Tony Todd come back in this. I think the trailer gave away a little too much, but we shall see.

thedrudo likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I guess I just mean rebooting the franchise at all when I say remade. It is a sequel in at least a few clear ways, but I kind of get the feeling that if it is successful they might want to continue it on as a new series.

I don’t want to get too spoilery, but there are a few things that do excite me about the story as far as the original is concerned, and if that is all implemented well it could end up being really great.

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

weird that they don't just make it a month later for Halloween, assuming we still have Halloween any way but virtual this year

GrantCloud, Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Halloween Kills is that month, so they’re just creating some separation between the two

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Kuri44 and GrantCloud like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s a great teaser. Bringing to mind the most horrifying images of the original story in a way that’s made even scarier by the visuals chosen. That last 30 seconds or so was almost too much to handle.

I’m definitely feeling more and more excited about this as it gets closer, now I’m just hoping I’ll be able to see it in a theater when the time comes.

20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Well that got me hype as fuck.

21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Dig it

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Wonder if it’ll end up getting pushed again

25. timcsheehan

Regular

Just watched the original for the first time last week trying to catch up on classic/cult horror movies i've never seen. Really loved it. This trailer has me interested enough i guess?