Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Candyman (Nia DaCosta, August 27, 2021) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by blast0rama, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I encourage you to listen to this. It is exactly the reason Marvel movies aren't for every director and can torpedo your career.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. Luke Nelson

When Marvel was looking for a new director for the Captain Marvel sequel there was a rumor that the plan would be for the new director to go on to helm the next Avengers movie as well. Similar to how the Russo Bros came to direct IW/Endgame after Captain America. So Nia may be in the Marvel game for a while and honestly I think that’s dope.

3. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

But if he did, what property would he handle?

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

sentry would be cool

5. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

That... would be interesting.

A lot of comics fans seem to hate the Sentry, and I agree he hasn't been used in the best ways, but I find the idea of an agoraphobic superhero to be fascinating, as well as one who is also secretly his own arch enemy. It takes the concept of the evil counterpart to its most logical conclusion.

I really hope he finds his way into the MCU.

6. phaynes12

oh i love sentry

Penlab likes this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This was pretty good. Coulda been truly great with some script tweaks but really enjoyed it.

8. phaynes12

thought it was actually quite bad, with several good actors' worst performances, a clunky script and direction with no vision. and, like, just a shocking lack of scares. bad bad bad.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

Should I watch this?

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I think this movie was well made, but it's disappointing and underwhelming from every angle. The horror aspect felt too tame, I get the slow burn but it never really delivered. And the social commentary was too on the nose. I was hoping the third act would save it, but it let me down. Overall, it's like a C+ or B- just for the effort.

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

It’s like 90 minutes long just watch it

12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this was fantastic

13. somethingwitty

Trusted

Can someone explain to me how there are multiple "Candymen"? Why did he turn into Tony Todd's character from the first film?

14. Rowan5215

I enjoyed this even more revisiting after letting it sit for a minute. absolutely terrific film which only stumbled in being so short imo

I didn't even catch the story of Breanna and Troy's dad at all first time around. that hits pretty hard, especially with the deleted/extended scenes fleshing it out a bit more

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Any idea when this is hitting a streaming service?

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Just started this but I
    Like the vibe so far a lot

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This was bad.

Night Channels likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I forgot this existed.

19. Rowan5215

I loved this

ok the opinion trifecta is complete

JoshIsMediocre and Zilla like this.