Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Candy Hearts Change Name to Best Ex; Share New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Candy Hearts have decided to change their name to Best Ex. They’ve released the song “Girlfriend” and talked with Billboard about the changes:

Candy Hearts has always been an extension of everything I am. I came up with the idea for the band when I was a teenager, and I think it was deeply empowering at the time to be able to be in a punk band, shout on stage, and still own the fact that I felt like such a shy, insecure girl. That was always my thing — I’m powerful despite my anxieties. I think over the past five years — after the amazing whirlwind my band has been through that I still can’t believe even happened — it really transformed from an extension of myself to an extension of my anxiety and not much else.

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

too bad. I liked candy hearts

Raku likes this.
  3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

But Candy Hearts is a way better name

Raku likes this.
  4. TDenverFan

Regular

Not really a fan of the new name or new song

Raku likes this.
  5. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Another band turned poppy and losing fans because of it.

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

This song is not good.

Raku likes this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This band has been extremely poppy since day 1. Literally a pop band since inception.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Gave it another listen....this blows

Raku likes this.
  9. ale5875

Regular

I liked Candy Hearts better as a bandname, but at the end of the day what counts is the music. Quite shocked at how drastic the change in sound is, but I'll give it a chance because I really liked CxH.

10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

time to ramble

to me this new band name sounds kinda like, idk, apathetic and depressing, lol. but candy hearts sounds really bubbly, poppy, etc. it literally makes me think of actual candy hearts. so yea i agree with the thread. lol

[​IMG]

Raku likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Both the new name and song are quite bad.

Raku likes this.
  12. ale5875

Regular

To be honest after a few spins I don't mind the song. I'm curious to hear how the rest of the EP sounds now.

13. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I'm pretty sure they've always been a pop band.

Anyway, I feel the new name/song to be especially high schoolish, which is a shame since I believe she wanted to get away from that.

14. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

It's ok, nothing special...