Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Cam'ron - The Program (November 11, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 4, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Gonna be fire

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

This going to be good

#FreeFederalReserve

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Comes at Ye on Coleslaw

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Cam is Cam which is good, but some of these tracks desperately need better production

OhTheWater likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah after 1000 Miles, Lean and Dime After Time I was expecting a lot better. Him going over My Block is dope as hell, though

cherrywaves likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Yeah I’d agree but even that track, among others (“Lean”, “Kiss Myself”) feel like rough drafts from a production standpoint. “U Wasn’t There” is probably my favorite track other than the intro track.

Someone get this man in the studio with No ID or...someone really. I have no clue what happened to Harry Fraud but him plus Cam would be a great project

OhTheWater and suicidesaints like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah I mean it sounds like an old school street mixtape. Throw some solid verses over eclectic songs and release it. Nowadays we're so used to a mixtape basically being an album.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Never listened to cam’ron but I downloaded this last night. Is this a good intro to his stuff?

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

No. Get Purple Haze immediately

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I wish he'd stop saying ***got

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. cherrywaves

Trusted

What track? Totally missed that but I did hear a “no homo” in there

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't even remember, it's in the background of one song at least. DIA maybe?

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ah...disappointed but not surprised

15. The Lucky Moose Nov 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I was just about to make a thread for it. This "similar threads" feature is really good.

Anyway, I really like this tape, especially It's Killa, Lean ("I share my wealth, humble beginnings, hunger strangled us / Pops had a choice, me and drugs, he chose angel dust"), Chop It Up, Kiss Myself, Uwasntthere. I agree that it isn't very polished, but mixtapes being polished is a comparatively new thing, like OhTheWater said. A lot of mixtapes that aren't by Chance or whatever still aren't very polished, so I'm still kind of used to it. I would like this more if it was, but it's fine. At this point I assume he isn't interested in making a lot of polished songs.

10,000 Miles is really missing from this, it's one of my most listened to songs of the year.

16. The Lucky Moose Nov 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'd start with Come Home With Me (the most accessible album and also my favorite) and Diplomatic Immunity (the Diplomats classic).

suicidesaints and Zac Djamoos like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Does he have a Spacey line on Hello?

18. The Lucky Moose

I think so? I keep hearing "space me" but Spacey makes more sense. Don Q is really good on that song.

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

I’m not convinced that Don Q isn’t just Jim Jones under a different pseudonym

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ok I really like “Chop It Up”

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

Jim Jones = underrated

cherrywaves likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

This is available for free via DatPiff and so on but it's also for sale on iTunes. Do you know if there is a difference?

23. The Lucky Moose

I listened to it in the car today, I can recommend it, I like it even more now