Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Camp Trash – ‘Downtiming’ (Album Premiere)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Much has been made about if Camp Trash is a real band or not. Sure, we’re heard rumors of such a band existing – hell we’ve even heard a few songs from the mysterious quartet. Today, however, will hopefully serve as evidence that “Camp Trash” is actually “a band” that plays a style of “emotional rock and roll” in the vein of scene staples like The Get Up Kids, Oso Oso, and the like because we are premiering their debut release Downtiming. The four-track extended play will hit streaming services this Friday, January 22nd, via Count Your Lucky Stars Records but you can exclusively stream it here this week (and then smash that pre-order). And just like Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster, you’ll find your ears believing in the legend of Camp Trash.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. DeRRek

Trusted

Amazing. Took a gamble and pre ordered the ep on vinyl based off that first song released. Glad I did. Haha

3. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I don't understand the "real band or not" thing. Can someone explain?

4. This rocks baby

5. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

Track 2 and 4 give me BIG All Get Out vibes. Hope this is a huge year for these guys.

6. thewoj

Hey, remember Absolutepunk?

I get more Oso Oso from the EP overall, but definitely see All Get Out in those two tracks.

7. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this is pretty good definitely looking forward to a full album.

8. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm digging this. Don't understand the rhetoric about whether or not this band exists though. Anyone have a source for that? I'm curious now.

9. it's just weird inside jokey shit from twitter

CyberInferno and Carrow like this.
  10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

very oso oso/macseal deal here, very down with it, thanks drew

slickdtc likes this.
  11. This is cool, I think it's still a bit of a hype-y band but if they can keep improving into a full length I would definitely be really interested. They've definitely got the marketing thing down.

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

God, I love this. Immediately bought the 7" after the first song.