Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Camp Cope - S/T (April 22, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by TheBaroness, Apr 25, 2016.

1. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

New record from this indie/punk trio from my hometown of Melbourne and it's really knocked me on my ass.

For fans of Speedy Ortiz, Waxahatchee, Modern Baseball (who they played with in Melb), Julien Baker, DIY etc etc. Check it out, I really think it will end up being one of the best LPs of the year:

Contender and sean_rugy like this.
  2. Emotherapy

Regular

This really came out of nowhere. I just randomly saw Modern Baseball retweet something about them and decided to give this a listen. Can't stop listening and now I want to tell everyone around me how good this is.

3. Mclusky30

Listening to this now, and I can tell I'm gonna become addicted to this. Thank you!

4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I'm floored by this release, really incredible. the songwriting throughout is killer but Flesh and Electricity just reaches another level.

5. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I heard about this band from Soupy. This is a must listen! Beautiful record.

6. sean_rugy

was this taken down from Apple Music? I stupidly unadded it this morning because I wanted to keep it at the top of my new releases (it's a thing) and now it's gone?! SOS

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

probably means they got signed to a new label in the US

sean_rugy likes this.
  8. sean_rugy

good for them! purchasing digitally off bandcamp in the meantime, I can't get enough of this.

9. cwhit

don't hold me to it, that's just my guess, usually whenever something leaves a streaming site it has to do with a change of distributors or rights. with the hype it makes sense

10. sean_rugy

I mean it makes sense, it's happened before with releases that are getting the remaster treatment or new signings.

11. sean_rugy

don't worry everyone. it's back up now, that was odd.

12. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I only listened to this once or twice when it first when up on streaming, but it was excellent. I need to listen to it some more.

13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, this album is something else, man. Really diggin' it.

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

damn did they really do a shout out to WHY? with the funeral line on west side story?

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm getting HEAVY hop along painted shut vibes. really love the bass on this.

16. MrRobot

Yeah, I got big time Hop Along vibes too.

17. cwhit

tried listening to this. feels like a female led, less dynamic smith street band. it's alright, don't love it though

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

this album has the best use of a bass guitar i've heard from a "punk" album this year. the whole release is unbelievable. God I love it.

19. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Stoked that this release seems to be getting a bit of attention, pretty huge for a tiny little Melbourne DIY band. I really like the storytelling element to the lyrics, definitely gives me a strong Hop Along vibe in that sense.

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to this album non-stop since discovering it earlier this week. Is there a way to get the CD in the U.S. without paying outrageous shipping charges?

21. MrRobot

I'm obsessed with this performance from a couple weeks ago. This record might be my AOTY so far.

sean_rugy and JBoch like this.
  22. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

I really hope they make it overseas for some US shows sometime. A Smith Street Band/Camp Cope tour bill would be just perfect.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is real great

24. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Revisiting this record today and wow, I should have done so sooner.

25. sean_rugy

people need to wake up and listen to Camp Cope, this thing is so freaking good.